Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
140mph 9.67 iirc and that was matt. You gonna knock that time out the water?

There are a few setups around that are 9sec capable but no one wants to crank it up. I'm hoping for 6.8-6.5's with my current turbo. Dave speced the cam to make power past 6000rpm and when money allows I will upgrade to either a 6766 or maybe even a s372 race cover.

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
140mph 9.67 iirc and that was matt. You gonna knock that time out the water?

There are a few setups around that are 9sec capable but no one wants to crank it up. I'm hoping for 6.8-6.5's with my current turbo. Dave speced the cam to make power past 6000rpm and when money allows I will upgrade to either a 6766 or maybe even a s372 race cover.
JT what kinda RPM you looking for

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jt simply put yes. Were builing a game changer Bruce is taking everything to a new level
And go with the baby Borg when you upgrade.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think matt run those times with a 72mm q trim. You're running an 88 correct?

I dont know what turbo I'll choose next, might change things up and go twins or run a compound setup.
Yup an s488 forced induction makes it. Its a s480 with a garret gt47 88mm wheel Borg race cover and a 1.32 96mm. t6 turbine.I plan on a billet wheel and a stainless 1.0 turbine housing from bulls eye before it goes on. The little things rated to 1500 before mods.
Compound would be different that's for sure only seen it pulled 'd off in a few diesels in person

·
Registered
52 Posts
I read a article on a 04 Cobra with a compound boost set-up and WOW that was freaking cool!!! I would love to see this kind of set-up on a V6. What supercharger would you use? M112 would be nice but no intercooler so the M90 I assume but if you had a front mount intercooler set-up for the turbo would be enough to keep temps down maybe on the m112?

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
I read a article on a 04 Cobra with a compound boost set-up and WOW that was freaking cool!!! I would love to see this kind of set-up on a V6. What supercharger would you use? M112 would be nice but no intercooler so the M90 I assume but if you had a front mount intercooler set-up for the turbo would be enough to keep temps down maybe on the m112?
Wrong compound setup. I'd run something like a 58mm t31 fed by a 72mm. I think 2 54's would probablly work better.

I'm not gunning for any records myself. I just want a 9sec "capable" street car. Capable as in not running that much power all the time either. We have a few events at my local strip for fastest street car, I'd like to be able to turn the wick up to compete at that level. 1/8th mile and the quickest last year was a 6.20 fox.

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
Wrong compound setup. I'd run something like a 58mm t31 fed by a 72mm. I think 2 54's would probablly work better.

I'm not gunning for any records myself. I just want a 9sec "capable" street car. Capable as in not running that much power all the time either. We have a few events at my local strip for fastest street car, I'd like to be able to turn the wick up to compete at that level. 1/8th mile and the quickest last year was a 6.20 fox.
JT your going to need to improve your 60' and consider some VP C85 or get down with some serious VP M5

·
Just Cheesin'
7,574 Posts
All the V6 120+ talk gets me exited. I've been throwing around the idea of doing an all out balls to the walls turbo build with my other block. I want to put down 600 to the grou d with ease. We shall see.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sticking with singleport or split?
Staying splitport i made the change years ago,and this set Bruce has worked some serious magic on.
All the V6 120+ talk gets me exited. I've been throwing around the idea of doing an all out balls to the walls turbo build with my other block. I want to put down 600 to the grou d with ease. We shall see.
Why only 600? and 120+? if she won't trap 140+ i've done something seriously wrong.

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
I knew you were going to get the bug. Red was that you hauling Danica Patrick
around the NASCAR truck . that was some serious ass you were hauling, you like hauling ass lol

1 - 20 of 25 Posts