Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might have already been asked but i didnt see it. What is the fastest times you have seen out of a stock long block 03\04 cobra motor. Any power adder or tranny. Thanks

·
Forever in our hearts travis_afx
4,391 Posts
There are guys on this site running low 10's. If I remember right, there are a few videos floating around of guys running 9's with just a twin turbo swap on the stock long block. It wouldn't surprise me any, especially since the guys running low 10's are doing it with the original Eaton.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
what......how can those fatties get into the 8's?

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
sheet metal intake, twin turbo kit, c4, and a 9 inch.
My mistake they went 7's,. [email protected] mph. 1272 hp, 1043 tq.

that would do it. im sure it was also gutted and whatnot as well?

Because they aren't that much heavier than a terminator and have a better motor :dunno
that i just dont believe. not with an iron 5.4 and weighing more than the newedges from the get go. its really hard to believe that

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
2008 Ford Shelby GT500 Base Coupe Exterior & Aerodynamics Standard Features
- Weights: curb weight (lbs) 3,920

2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra
-Curb weight, lb; f/r % 3665; 57/43

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
255 lb. difference

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
that i just dont believe. not with an iron 5.4 and weighing more than the newedges from the get go. its really hard to believe that
There is only 300 lbs difference between the termi and the gt500, it's a little bit but easily made up for

wraith beat me to it. LOL

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
There is only 300 lbs difference between the termi and the gt500, it's a little bit but easily made up for

wraith beat me to it. LOL
:hug

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
huh i was always under the impression the s197 weighed over 4000lbs but i guess not. if you switched the irs for a sra would that save some weight on the cobra? just out of curiosity. huh thats really impressive for a full interior car but something tells me he doesnt drive that thing on the street nor do i think he could very easily.

·
Registered
649 Posts
theres a guy in my town that has a termie with a single turbo, he makes roughly 800-900hp, and his car goes nines i believe, and his valve covers havent ever been off the car.

·
Registered
377 Posts
9.93 @ 142 on a stock 04 Cobra longblock here:D 6 speed, KB2.8H, 3.55 gears, 26" slicks. Race weight around 3550.

Looking to swap to a 28" slick and 3.90 gears in search of consistant 1.3 60 FTs (best has been a 1.43) which will hopefully get me in the 9.7 range. I plan on removing quite a bit of weight and adding more power very soon (hopefully about 70-80 rwhp) and possibly a 100-175 shot in an attempt to run an 8 with the stock longblock and 6 speed.

if it cant be done with the stock Iron block, I'll be building a new motor with a teksid aluminum block (-75lbs), and will put the stock heads and cams back on it to tray for 8s with stock heads and cams.

I am pretty sure the guy on SVTP that just went 9's with his Eaton is on the stock longblock.
Thats BADASS03SVT. His cars is set up RIGHT! He has A LOT of weight pulled out of it. I think his race weight was around 3300lbs. Couple that with the stalled auto and a perfectly dialed in suspension, and you end up with a car that get phenomianl ET's for the power.

if you switched the irs for a sra would that save some weight on the cobra? .

Just switching to a solid axle on an 03/04 is good for an 80 lb loss.

·
Registered
7,991 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Its called power to weight ratio. Getting the power to run 10s is easy its putting it down to the floor without breaking IRS and thats the hard part. Now you can always slap on $200 live rear axle and loose some weight and your good to go with some Mickeys.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts