Modded Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
13.3 is the fastest I have seen...Thats stock down to the gatorbacks...

That was a Sept evening at Richmond International Raceway...It was very cool and the car ran like a raped ape...
damn thats a good time. I decided to keep the mickeys off the car til it gets cooler. mid-high 80s isnt worth much really. low 70s should pick up a little bit on its own. I might run tomorrow in hope for 13.4s or really just a better 60ft

for sure enough for 12s, with some shitty nittos and my 3.55s i ran a 12.7. nice times dude for stock, what track did u run at down there? i drive down to ft. lauderdale about once a month, maybe ill run into you on 95 lol.
I run at Palm Beach International Raceway. Its in west palm
let me know if your down. I've met a lot of cool people at the track and lots of people from local forums. rained out one day and dude let me and my buddy hang in his trailor til it let up.

its getting in me more away from street racing as well. also convinced me to put a track tranny in the v6:D. glide:cool:
let me know if you go i'll try and make it out

chris you got pics of your 3v?
http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/clubhouse/129662-my-new-daily-driver.html

theres some here in this thread when I first got her

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
chris, when are you upping the boost on that thing...im comin for you :D
lol not for awhile
i saw your at 48Xnow stoute numbers man especially for 6.5psi. seeing all these numbers on motor and boost make me wana toy with the GT. but i got the car for warranty and DD. this hobby is expensive enough for 1 project lol
but yeah im going to probably get 2 motors. 1 used built motor from a v6 company then my own built with a few custom things. but it'll be on about 18+psi and race fuel to start :) on the t5
when the power glide goes in probably 20-23psi on 110 and 25-30psi on some good stuff

·
Registered
76 Posts
13.3-13.5 stock? holy crap i must b doing something wrong i got the jlt cai with bama 91 race n best was a 13.6 this was at infineon raceway

·
Registered
985 Posts
I witnessed a 13.02 run on a bone stock 06 a couple years ago. This car was stock right down to the pirelli's. The guy was determine to get into the 12's before modding the car. It was at Dragway 42 in NE Ohio in Oct. Pretty much perfect racing conditions.

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
I witnessed a 13.02 run on a bone stock 06 a couple years ago. This car was stock right down to the pirelli's. The guy was determine to get into the 12's before modding the car. It was at Dragway 42 in NE Ohio in Oct. Pretty much perfect racing conditions.
Did he have any other runs in that time frame?

There are a such thing as bad time slips, i once ran a 10 in my car..........not. Unfortuantley the run before it and after it was back to 12s. :no

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Thats pretty god damn fast for stock.............

Rich you get my PM?

·
Registered
985 Posts
Thats pretty god damn fast for stock.............

Rich you get my PM?
He was in the 13.0's all day, 4 or 5 passes. Now I was going by what he told me, he said it was stock. The hood was open to cool the engine, it had the stock intake and exhaust manifolds. I looked under and it had the stock cats and h-pipe with 2-piece DS. Even had stock mufflers. He might have been running 4.10's but he told me they were the stock 3.55's. I saw no signs of nitrous but I didn't tear the car apart looking for it.
It was a stick and he power shifted it.

·
The Mustang Shop
445 Posts
I have a bet with a friend that I can get my 08 into the 12's on stock tires. I Put the stock tune and air box back in the car. I still have the 4.10 gears in it though. I ran a 13.12 @ 106 with a 1.73 60' with the stock tires last Friday night.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
I have a bet with a friend that I can get my 08 into the 12's on stock tires. I Put the stock tune and air box back in the car. I still have the 4.10 gears in it though. I ran a 13.12 @ 106 with a 1.73 60' with the stock tires last Friday night.
doooood, that is a crazy 60' for stock tires...teach me, all mighty one

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
I made a 13.55 pass last night....I'am not the best nor am I trying to say that but the night was hot and I was surprised the heavy car could run that.
Chris, can I bust your balls about this from time to time?

Just based on all the 'New Edge/V6/S197' curb weight banter that transpired here over the years.

:lol

Just imagine what a bone stock GT500 can run.

(high 11's for the fat pig 2010, bone stock, on factory GY tires.)

·
The Mustang Shop
445 Posts
I had the tires at 28 pounds and launched at 4500 RPM's. You have to really slip the clutch and apply throttle at the same time. I have raced A stock with a manual trans for about 25 years so I have 1000's of passes with a manual trans. It's not magic you just have really good throttle and clutch control.

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
I had the tires at 28 pounds and launched at 4500 RPM's. You have to really slip the clutch and apply throttle at the same time. I have raced A stock with a manual trans for about 25 years so I have 1000's of passes with a manual trans. It's not magic you just have really good throttle and clutch control.
I hear you man, that is the same thing my father taught me as a youngster.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts