Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Kind of a build thread. Basically some pics of how it's got to where it's at, and I'll do a better job of keeping up on where it's going. Background is that after the purchase of my top end parts, my wife said I had too much money into my car not to do 'anything' with it. I warned her that racing is expensive, lol. I started hanging out with my chassis guy after he backhalved and caged my sister's boyfriend's car and I got to know him better. Him and a bunch of the other guys I met have some seriously fast stuff, so I decided not to half ass it and look dumb. So in no particular order:

*I will try to update this list as things are aquired*
306, forged flat tops
TF 185 cnc heads
TF Track Heat intake
TFX nitrous plate kit by Nitrous Express
TF Stage 2 cam
TF 1.6 RR
75mm Accufab TB
97mm Abaco MAF meter
3.5" cold air kit made out of two fenderwell elbows from two seperate kits.
BBK fuel pressure regulator
30lb injectors
MAC 1 5/8 Longtubes
MAC 2 1/2 Prochamber
MAC 2 1/2 catback kit (that may not stay since I can't run tailpipes anymore)
March Power and Amp series underdrive pulleys
150 amp 1 wire alternator
Aaron Price alternator bracket
Standard rotation water pump w/ ribbed pulley
MSD Distributor
MSD Digital 6
MSD Coil
MDS Wires
Innovate MTX-L wideband
Maximum Motorsports full length subframe connectors
Wild Rides Torque box reinforcements
Autofab Race Cars back half coil over kit with QA1 Double adjustable shocks (Please mention me if you order anything :))
UPR Anti roll bar kit
UPR sperical bushings
UPR double adjustable upper control arms
UPR single adjustable lower control arms
Wolfe Racecraft Chrome Moly 10pt. 8.50 cage
Wolfe Racecraft mini tub kit
Team Z front end kit with Strange 12 way coil over struts.
Florida 5.0 gauge cluster.
Aluminum radiator w/ Flexalite Extreme fan.
Delete Smog, A/C, Power Steering.
Weld Draglites Big and littles with 275/60/15 DR's

Started removing things to lighten the car up while preparing for the cage install

Some things that aren't going to return. The HVAC assembly with the leaky heater core, and the non tilt steering column.

Started cleaning the floors up, removing all sound deadoner and any surface rust.

Bought the Florida 5.0 gauge cluster so I keep better tabs on the motor and pillar mount A/F gauge and Nitrous pressure gauge, but gauges will have to get remounted on cage A pillar tube now instead

My switch panel that will reside in the ashtray location for the nitrous stuff

Fabbed a temporary bracket to locate the nitrous solenoids for now

Decided to remove all excess wiring of the car and rewire alternator and 94/95 style starter with built in solenoid, so wire tuck and rewire of the whole car was in order. Foglight switch now activates my linelock, and rear defrost switch latches the relay for my two step when the clutch pedal is pressed in. Releases two step on dropping the clutch.

When I redid the injector harness, I added the necessary wires for my WOT switch and fuel pressure cut off for the nitrous

Relocated the egr simulator down by the computer, and the spout connector for the timing and test port for the ecm are now accessible from behind the glovebox door.

Here's the alternator bracket by Aaron price

And the WildRides battle boxes that are next on the list

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Looks like everything is coming along! What rear gear are you running? Stock T5?

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
3.73 for now. Tires are a 275/60 DR and I'm not sure if I'm going to stay that size. Until I decide on what's happening with the rear next year (with narrowing it, 5 lug swap, new wheels, disc brake), I'm just going to stick with those. I'll be going for the tucked and slammed look, most likely on a set of 10.5w's on a 12 inch rim. Wheels I have now are 4 lug draglite big and littles. Stock T5 till she blows, lol.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heat gun and putty knife. It's super quick that way. The whole floor is getting wire wheeled to give the primer a little more grip.

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
Heat gun and putty knife. It's super quick that way. The whole floor is getting wire wheeled to give the primer a little more grip.
Wish it was.... it is in a fox, but the sn95 cars got some crazy sound deadenor that doesnt come up worth a crap with a heat gun and putty knife.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Stock block? What kind of ET you think you're looking at?

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Stock block? What kind of ET you think you're looking at?

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using AutoGuide.Com Free App
I'm guessing easy 10's on spray!

·
Come at me bro
3,135 Posts
bout time to see some pic's.

it will fly on the sauce.

you still willing to swap maf's? Don't think this 97mm is going to work for me at all, too ****in' big :(

·
Registered
616 Posts
Damn. You're hoping for a 12.0 with a car like that I'm thinking I'll be lucky if mine runs 13's now :(

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
I know... i know...

Every one is wondering why i have not posted in this thread yet. Lol

The reason being is... i cant give Scott any advice.... that man knows a **** load more then me. So all i can really give to this thread is a. " looks good" or " that awesome " with a little " keep us updated"

Whit that being said scott.

Looks good

Thats awesome

Keep us updated.

Haaaaaaahaaaaaa j/k

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Florida 5.0 (florida50.com) But a prewarning... they aren't cheap. Mine is mechanical oil and water as well. Egr simulator is from Ebay. Just google those words, you should find one.

·
I need a 5 lug kit
337 Posts
I know... i know...

Every one is wondering why i have not posted in this thread yet. Lol

The reason being is... i cant give Scott any advice.... that man knows a **** load more then me. So all i can really give to this thread is a. " looks good" or " that awesome " with a little " keep us updated"
Whit that being said scott.
Looks good
Thats awesome
Keep us updated.
Haaaaaaahaaaaaa j/k

Oh thank God! I was really worried, thought I may have to drive down there and check on you for a minute there...lmao!

And seriously Scott, the thing looks great. Congrats on the time, patience (and money!!! lol) to do it right man. Proud of ya dude, keep it up!

·
Registered
545 Posts
I am more interested in making my own cluster, but have never found a speedometer that will work with a fox. Anyone know of a company that just makes a speedometer to work with factory cable?

1 - 20 of 106 Posts