Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive seen alot of talk and worry on here about all the new rides pushin 400 hp, but nearly all of them weigh in at close to 2 tons. I just watched the G8 vs Charger post, the G8 is nice an fairly quick but its 3995lbs. A lil FI or even ful bolts on and well give em a run for their money. If only they could get that power into something lighter it would sick! Ford still has a chance to impress, I noticed the other dat the over all weight on the mustang has increased too much since the early 90s comparatively. On that note i havent seen numbers for the new Camaros anyone hear of anythin?

·
Registered
971 Posts
Trying to make everything look too pretty, wtf was wrong with the foxes? I think I saw the new camaros were 3600. Its been a while I may be wrong.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Ive seen alot of talk and worry on here about all the new rides pushin 400 hp, but nearly all of them weigh in at close to 2 tons. I just watched the G8 vs Charger post, the G8 is nice an fairly quick but its 3995lbs. A lil FI or even ful bolts on and well give em a run for their money. If only they could get that power into something lighter it would sick! Ford still has a chance to impress, I noticed the other dat the over all weight on the mustang has increased too much since the early 90s comparatively. On that note i havent seen numbers for the new Camaros anyone hear of anythin?
rember lots of teh weight also comes from all the safter items the goverment now wants in cars ,
but you can delet your.... carpet ,radio & speakers,rear seats ,trunk mat,spare tire and airbags and you might be keeping the #s low :D

·
Registered
971 Posts
^^Haha airbags may be going a little too far if its a dd.

·
8,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Trying to make everything look too pretty, wtf was wrong with the foxes? I think I saw the new camaros were 3600. Its been a while I may be wrong.
3600lbs would be bad wit 400 hp...

·
Banned
3,947 Posts
how much faster are those new cameros gonna be then the ls1s and lts

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
i think their the saem as the s197s. just alot heavier and more HP

I beleive their 0-60 is about 5.2 and 1/4 is mid 13s

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
but they dont run that hard. i beat modded oes all the time with my car n/a. they have me by over 150 at the rear wheels and i still put a car or 2 on them. cars are getting to fat these days. same with the shelby, yeah its got 500 hp but it can barely get out of its own way. looks at the c6 zo6, 500 hp and can run 10s bone stock off the showroom floor. shows you what engineering can do!!!!

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
yes

·
Carving corners
3,328 Posts
but they dont run that hard. i beat modded oes all the time with my car n/a. they have me by over 150 at the rear wheels and i still put a car or 2 on them. cars are getting to fat these days. same with the shelby, yeah its got 500 hp but it can barely get out of its own way. looks at the c6 zo6, 500 hp and can run 10s bone stock off the showroom floor. shows you what engineering can do!!!!
you go to also look at the price differences the base model vette is the heaviest and it just gets lighter from there Z06 the new Zr1, The shelby is cheaper but in alot of car mags it keeps up not to badd with the vette and viper its a camparo on motor trend i believe. But the newer cars like the challenger its mainly heavy because its using the chargers chassis and the lead guy for the project even said it was hard to shed the weight you use a charger chassis you get charger weight. Also all the new gov regulations with safety.

·
Registered
922 Posts
The G8 is nothing to fear for anyone with a 99 or up mustang. They are heavy and their crappy tanny chews up a hugh chunk of their power. I believe the listed 0-60 is 5.4 which is the same as a stock mustang.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
The G8 is nothing to fear for anyone with a 99 or up mustang. They are heavy and their crappy tanny chews up a hugh chunk of their power. I believe the listed 0-60 is 5.4 which is the same as a stock mustang.
thats onoly 0-60. theyre showing old muscle cars trends which means crappy 0-60 but fast quarter mile times.

mid 13 quarter is getting up and going for a 2 ton car

·
8,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thats onoly 0-60. theyre showing old muscle cars trends which means crappy 0-60 but fast quarter mile times.

mid 13 quarter is getting up and going for a 2 ton car
Its not bad time but for 400 hp its should be faster, one of our mustangs wit 400hp mid 12s at least.

·
Registered
200 Posts
My buddy (former Ford mechanic) drove an '09' Challenger last week end with the 5.7L in it. It was rated at 385 to the crank and was told that the 6.1L version will have approx 100hp more. He owns an 05+ S197 with CAI and tune and said that the Challenger was cleary more powerful. His friend (a 24 year old female) works for Dodge and her job is to calibrate the computer while the car is running. So she gets to take home all of the new vehicles and make sure that the shift points are correct and that the car runs smooth. Once done, she installs the program for all of the other vehicles (same make and model) with the infomation from her computer. It was all black and he got a few pics of it but he had to be very careful when driving as she would loose her job if he was caught driving the vehicle. She said that there was going to be 3 versions of the car V6, V8 5.7L & SRT 6.1L.

·
8,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Almost 500 crank HP thats quite a bit, Ive read its was 400, but i could wrong. that will be a beast if its got 500hp.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts