Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine is right at 2500 rpm under about 1/4 gas... it sounds F*****G MEAN!!!

Here's a vid of my car, and what i'm talking about... in 3rd gear you'll hear it

O yeah and..... PYPES FTMFW!

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
I have two:

1. full throttle between 2300-2800 rpm

2. above 4500 rpm at WOT (screams:D)

I wish I didn't have stock exhaust though:( so then it would really scream

O/R Prochamber comming soon though:D

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
probably moderate throttle at 2500 like you

i'm guessing thats what everyone's gonna say... i dont think it has anything to do with the exhaust setup, but just the engine.

I cant wait until i gut my cats, then that 2500 tone will be so damn loud!

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
i'm guessing thats what everyone's gonna say... i dont think it has anything to do with the exhaust setup, but just the engine.

I cant wait until i gut my cats, then that 2500 tone will be so damn loud!
+1 4.6 is the perfect size engine for tone:D

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
2000-2500 or even 3000 sounds really nice when im accelerating just 1/4 throttle or so.
Yeah... sometimes i feel after a certain point, my car isnt producing any more noise out the exhaust, unless i wot it... like above 3000, all i hear is the engine making noise, sucking in air, the valves, the lifters, and everything else... like i dont even hear the exhaust after 3000 under light accel

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Yeah... sometimes i feel after a certain point, my car isnt producing any more noise out the exhaust, unless i wot it... like above 3000, all i hear is the engine making noise, sucking in air, the valves, the lifters, and everything else... like i dont even hear the exhaust after 3000 under light accel

Yup i know what you mean. I hate that. I dont want to hear the Engine wine i just want to hear the exhaust. Plus i dont even have an O/R Midpipe yet so i loose it pretty fast. Its annoys me so much. lately ive been accelerating to 3000 so i can hear it longer and then i shift and it shifts to 2500 and its just perfect. I keep it right in the RPM range it sounds good in.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yup i know what you mean. I hate that. I dont want to hear the Engine wine i just want to hear the exhaust. Plus i dont even have an O/R Midpipe yet so i loose it pretty fast. Its annoys me so much. lately ive been accelerating to 3000 so i can hear it longer and then i shift and it shifts to 2500 and its just perfect. I keep it right in the RPM range it sounds good in.

yeah... if i'm just driving normally... i shift into 2nd at about 2000, 3rd at about 2000, 4th at about 1700, and 5th at about 2200.

Kinda peppy driving... 2nd at 3000, 3rd at 3000, 4th at about 2800 and 5th at 2500

1 - 20 of 37 Posts