Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is my first SN95 mustang and i can't ever get any straight answers on mods/problems ect...

my Performance Automatic's AODE is in failsafe mode. nobody here can help me find out why. i hear constant computer related related problems with these cars all the time. i'm done with it all together. i'm swapping the Performance AODE for a T-56 6 speed and doing a carburation conversion with a Vic jr. intake, a 650 dbl pump and a NX wet kit. **** the injection and the computer issues that nobody can't ever seem to answer!

·
Banned
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
your tranny is not in fail safe :)

it's mechanical.. it can't be. failsafe=computer.
then fill me in. i have 1st and 2nd gear shifted manually with no 3rd or OD and the guys at performance automatics say it's failsafe mode.

·
Banned
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GOOD! is that your real quarter mile time? did your tires turn into sand bags? :) your car will be sweet with the new set up
hahaha! no it's not my real time! i figured most people here makes up their 1/4 mile times so i made one up too lol!

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
that's BS.

your transmission is just parts and gears.

it has sensors attached to feed to the computer but your computer can't mess with the tranny itself.

something is wrong with the tranny if it doesn't shift out of gear or into another gear.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
The first thing you should do is pull your codes. Something triggered your car to enter failsafe mode and you should be able to figure it out throught the codes.

I have seen a few cars do this in overheating situations. The low coolant temp sensor will trigger it so that the car can be limped home on minimal power. So you also might want to check your coolant level. Sometimes the sensor gets coated with sludge and can possibly do this also.

Its definately sensor related so the best thing you can do is pull the codes. Good luck and report back with what codes you come up with.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
GOOD! is that your real quarter mile time? did your tires turn into sand bags? :) your car will be sweet with the new set up
what about your 1/4 mile time....were you spinning the tires because that time seems a lil low for those kinda power numbers

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
a transmission might be computer controlled but it's still a transmission.
a transmission is just made of parts an gears.. no ecu inside. just sensors attached.

a sensor is sending the wrong signal somewhere unless you hear grinding.

·
Banned
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The first thing you should do is pull your codes. Something triggered your car to enter failsafe mode and you should be able to figure it out throught the codes.

I have seen a few cars do this in overheating situations. The low coolant temp sensor will trigger it so that the car can be limped home on minimal power. So you also might want to check your coolant level. Sometimes the sensor gets coated with sludge and can possibly do this also.

Its definately sensor related so the best thing you can do is pull the codes. Good luck and report back with what codes you come up with.
i've had it on a snap-on scanner and the only code it pulls up is a lean condition

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
That sucks, get a T-56

·
Registered
130 Posts
what about a manual valve body and locking convertor i wired one up for a freind that did a 5.4 swap and he never has a trans issue now .

·
Registered
579 Posts
4 get the efi just go with a carb.J/K efi is the **** in tunability and I have a carb so go figure.I dont know what to tell you except get a t56 and go from there.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
it's still a mostly stock 14 second car. the times in my avatar are sarcasm:D

that was meant for 1badstang.....thats why i have his comment quoted.....yeah man i knew your were just messing around....either that or you were driving a geo missin on 2 cylinders

1 - 20 of 27 Posts