1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Everyone does seem to rep the plate systems much more. The Zex system did catch my eye on sale though. Super tempting. My advice, no matter how much people inform you on here (real world experience is part of it) you need to research research research.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nx express with a spray plate, OR direct port ftw!
Heck yea would love to but that one is 645ish not including window switch and bottle warmer..balling on budget!

Everyone does seem to rep the plate systems much more. The Zex system did catch my eye on sale though. Super tempting. My advice, no matter how much people inform you on here (real world experience is part of it) you need to research research research.
Exactly its very tempting lol plus free shipping :llama i do know that the zex only resembles flywheel number where as the harris speed works in rwhp, like the NX but sadly NX is about of the budget.

·
Registered
994 Posts
zex is rwhp aswell but that doesnt really matter just bump it 025.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
i'd get a plate kit.

go for the hsw kit although when i tried to order it they said it was on backorder for a month with the 10lb bottle...but this was probably two weeks ago

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
nx express with a spray plate, OR direct port ftw!
yeah ok, he didnt ask about a nx kit, so why throw that out there. if he wanted to make nx an option, i'm pretty sure he would of asked.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
the hsw stuff is nice, i have delt with some of it myself. either kit will do well, just whichever one you want to use. i personally would stay away from plate kits, but thats my personal opinion. plate kits seem to have harder lean spike from my experience on the returnless cars.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
the hsw stuff is nice, i have delt with some of it myself. either kit will do well, just whichever one you want to use. i personally would stay away from plate kits, but thats my personal opinion. plate kits seem to have harder lean spike from my experience on the returnless cars.
That's when the HSW Micro edge controller comes into play and really shines:D

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
No mater what kit you go with you need a window switch, Zex has the Traction Control Switch and HSW has the Edge.

You will need one of the other to be on the safe side of using nitrous. The ZEX management system controls the lean spike and is an easy system to install. I have the ZEX with the TCS and I haven't had any problems with it.

Definitely do your research on nitrous, and price the nitrous for your area. Also understand that a 10 lb bottle does not last long.

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
I personally dont like messin with zex, but your money, Id look into the hsw, or IF you want another option the nx kits are top notch

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
id steer clear of edlebrock and NOS they have old school technology in their solenoids and are laggin behind

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
That's when the HSW Micro edge controller comes into play and really shines:D
yep i love mine!

if i were to get a big lean spike and get real lean then the controller would shut down the nitrous...although i have yet to have it shut down due to lean spike (have max afr set at 12.9:1)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah i think I'm going with NX plate kit since there is a very small difference in the price between IT and the HSW kit. And then i'll just probably get the other stuff like the bottle warmer and window switch pressure gauge from HSW. :rockon

1 - 18 of 18 Posts