Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can you buy replacements? I lost the two that go in by the door... I only need two bolts total. I already checked Late Model Resto

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Pretty much any automotive store or hardware store usually carries them.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Try pulling one from the other side out and go to like a sears or box hardware store and see if they can match it. Its what I did. Sears had a bolt that matched just the bolt length was slightly shorter than the original one, 1/4 inch total length difference.

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Pretty much any automotive store or hardware store usually carries them.
Try pulling one from the other side out and go to like a sears or box hardware store and see if they can match it. Its what I did. Sears had a bolt that matched just the bolt length was slightly shorter than the original one, 1/4 inch total length difference.
I agree with both of these. Hardware stores can usually get you something almost identical. I've had to get a few bolts from hardware stores to replace bolts I've lost. I found out that if a nut/bolt falls into the engine bay, it's ****ing gone. It doesn't come out the bottom and it's not sitting on anything. The engine bay is actually a portal to another world that is apparently full of everything I've dropped into my engine bay :mad:

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
The engine bay is actually a portal to another world that is apparently full of everything I've dropped into my engine bay :mad:
I second this. I dropped the seal for my supercharger dipstick and it was just gone. Not on the ground, not ontop of anything; Gone.

I've found a couple random tools that weren't mine lodged in my engine compartment so my hypothesis is that it's a two-way portal.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
they have them at lowes...i was getting some screws today and noticed they had them lol

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I talked to a friend of mine who works at a junk yard. He grabbed me two bolts :D

Thanks for trying to help everyone!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts