Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if our GT fender emblems have holes securing them, or if they are simply attached with adhesive? I'm going to be putting a C-stripe on and removing the emblem, and I don't want there to be holes under the vinyl...

·
Registered
486 Posts
they have holes and adhesive

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any ideas on putting the vinyl over the holes as I don't plan to replace the emblems...

·
Eat Springs, **** Valves
9,332 Posts
Duraglass would probably work. You might have to fill them in with a little bit of welding though. Take it to a body shop if you are really serious about it.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Duraglass would probably work. You might have to fill them in with a little bit of welding though. Take it to a body shop if you are really serious about it.
****. Are there any other emblems that would fit the holes? I ordered my stripe kit today with a solid stripe instead of the cut-outs around the GT because I just assumed I could de-badge it like every other car...grrr only thing I dislike about this car.

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
search is your friend before placing orders. Topic covered a number of times here and numerous other forums. You would have been better prepared at the least.

There's plenty of manufacturers that can knock out a custom badge, or if you find something you like that is flat, strategically placing the emblem over the holes has been done a number of times.

Don't have anything closer than this I can post right now, but an example of where you can go..

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
search is your friend before placing orders. Topic covered a number of times here and numerous other forums. You would have been better prepared at the least.

There's plenty of manufacturers that can knock out a custom badge, or if you find something you like that is flat, strategically placing the emblem over the holes has been done a number of times.

Don't have anything closer than this I can post right now, but an example of where you can go..

Yeah definitely would have been nice to know beforehand...

do you know any manufacturers able to make emblems?

Paint your emblems black and put them back on.
Thats a damn good idea...What if I were to just put a 3M one on over the vinyl where the holes used to be?

·
Eat Springs, **** Valves
9,332 Posts
Yeah definitely would have been nice to know beforehand...

do you know any manufacturers able to make emblems?

Thats a damn good idea...What if I were to just put a 3M one on over the vinyl where the holes used to be?
A 3M logo on your car would look tacky and stupid. Unless you meant you were going to 3M tape your old logos over the vinyl, that would look fine. I'd poke the holes in the vinyl though when I put the emblems on.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, I edited my post after I thought about it for a second. Long day at work. You could 3M tape the logo on, but I'd poke the holes too.
Haha I figured as much...you know no-one in their right mind would use a 3M logo...:D

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
See all those people with K+N logos on their cars? I have no doubt someone out there would be dumb enough to do it lol
I guess I just have a little more faith in mankind than deserved...haha:D

I'm probably gonna paint my GT emblems black, AND pick up a pair of tri-bar pony emblems just in case the GT doesn't look good...

·
Registered
961 Posts
the shelby gt fender badges look pretty good. they just say "powered by ford" or something like that, so its not like you'll be a poser, like putting cobra badges on.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
A 3M logo on your car would look tacky and stupid. Unless you meant you were going to 3M tape your old logos over the vinyl, that would look fine. I'd poke the holes in the vinyl though when I put the emblems on.
Do you think poking holes in the vinyl is necessary since I'm going to be putting a stick on emblem over the holes? Wouldn't the vinyl w/the emblem on top seal off the holes well enough?

·
Eat Springs, **** Valves
9,332 Posts
Do you think poking holes in the vinyl is necessary since I'm going to be putting a stick on emblem over the holes? Wouldn't the vinyl w/the emblem on top seal off the holes well enough?
Its for placement. To make sure they go on level and in the right spot.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts