Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What all would i need to bolt on a 03-04 cobra blower?

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
you would have to convert your car over to C heads (99-01 or 03/04 improved heads) then you would need all the eaton swap parts.

since your going to have the cnage heads, and all, your probably looking at $4000+ to do it.

just buy a blower made for your car, the heaton sucks anyway.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i can pick up the stock blower for 200$ thats why im considering it.. could i have my heads ported more to make it work or is this just all together a huge project?

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
i can pick up the stock blower for 200$ thats why im considering it.. could i have my heads ported more to make it work or is this just all together a huge project?
well if you can pick up a stock blower for $200 buy it, and flip it because they will bring $300-500. but if it was as easy as spending $300 to get a eaton EVERY 99/01 cobra would have one. the blower is the cheap part, there are alot of parts you need to put it on.

no, porting your heads wont work you have B heads, you need C heads, completely different heads. your heads are almost as similiar to what you need as 2V heads are, there quite a few differences.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok... i kno the guy also has the stock heads he used to own a hot rod shop in town but is moving to arizona so is kicking everything really cheap if i can get the blower and heads for under 800 would be it a decent buy. bascially what all would i need to make it work cause i would love to have a blower. im not scared to spend the cash. i already have a bigger fuel pump so thats taken care of but injectors? fuel rails? do i need all that new too?

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
you still need ALLLLL of the 03/04 conversions parts, pullies, bridge, front cover, HE lines bunch of brackets, altenator, bracket, lower intake manifold, intercooler, all the line, and a bunch more ****. im telling you ddue, if you have to do the heads its going to run you $4000+.

would be a MUCH better idea to just buy a blower meant for your car, because you can spend $4K and have a heat soaking blower that blows 8PSI of hot air, or you can spend less, and get a much better blower thats meant for your car.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Buy a KB for 3800 and call it a day. Not sure what all you need to convert to those C heads since you already have the 4v heads. But if the supporting mods are gonna run you up that much, it aint worth it. Port your **** and get a KB. You'll make more power than your short block can handle.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
alrighty thanks for the input guys. i think if i do a blower i want a roots one. so KB the way to go? or are whipple's pretty good to?

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
alrighty thanks for the input guys. i think if i do a blower i want a roots one. so KB the way to go? or are whipple's pretty good to?
you want a twin screw, not roots. whipple doesnt make one for your car. if you want a positive displacement blower KB is the only way to go. however on your motor you CR and all is right for a centri blower, and i think you would be much more happy with it, and would make your motor last alot longer. i'd throw a vortech, or a procharger on it, and call it a day.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ive heard mixed feedback about vortech so procharger would be winning. i guess that is more than i wanted to spend since i got 133k on the clock and i know im probably gonna have to do a rebuild anyway

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
ive heard mixed feedback about vortech so procharger would be winning. i guess that is more than i wanted to spend since i got 133k on the clock and i know im probably gonna have to do a rebuild anyway
when you hear rumor of a problem you should take it with a grain of salt. whenever you put soemthing on a high HP there are so many factors in a product failing or not, and those need to be weeded throguh before you can blame it on the product.

vortech makes a great product, i would choose a vortech over a procharger any day of the week. both are good though.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i thought the procharger was by far superior??? i kno vortech has two kits right s-trim and t-trim? would the s trim be compairable to a procharger? basic goal here is a 500hp street car

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
i thought the procharger was by far superior??? i kno vortech has two kits right s-trim and t-trim? would the s trim be compairable to a procharger? basic goal here is a 500hp street car
they both have quite a few headunits from ones small enoguh for 4cyl's, moderate street ones, high power street ones, and all out race ones.

i'd get a V2-T trim, and call it a day.

if you want to make 500RWHP be prepared to buy a new motor because yours isnt going to last very long.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thats what im told.. my other option was a 5.4 N/A which i think would be cool... what transmission should i do cause i really dont think my t-45 is gonna last to long

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
I would rebuild your motor with forged internals and slap the blower on, then look at a t56 trans.

·
Registered
144 Posts
i would build your short block...get some C heads off an 03/04 cobra and put a whipple on it...you can get the rest of the misc. stuff used...would be alot cheaper

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
i would build your short block...get some C heads off an 03/04 cobra and put a whipple on it...you can get the rest of the misc. stuff used...would be alot cheaper
But a lot more work considering the extensive list of parts needed to convert the front drive system to that of a 03-04 Cobra. I did the swap on my Mach and couldn't be happier. Yes a twinscrew is superior to the heaton, but on the stock block I can't make use of the power they can put out anyway. Plus, now if I forge the internals, all I need to do is swap out the S/C unit.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
you would have to convert your car over to C heads (99-01 or 03/04 improved heads) then you would need all the eaton swap parts.

since your going to have the cnage heads, and all, your probably looking at $4000+ to do it.

just buy a blower made for your car, the heaton sucks anyway.
Ummmm, all 99-04 Cobras have C-heads. FYI. No need to swap heads.

·
Registered
144 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts