Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been 2 months since I've ordered my exhaust system, and I'm hooked I need more done to the car haha.

Just curious which one I should order first... Here's the list:

1) 3.73 Gears (I know which one to get and all not going with 4.10)
2) Lowering springs (Getting them from eibach... question about them is front and rear sway bar good for everyday driving)
3) Aluminum DS and short-shifter... As far as those I'm trying to look up cheaper one than steeda 760$, but please keep in mind if steeda is worth 760$ I will spend that I won't spend less money on a product that's not as good.... What about spydershaft and shaftmaster??

So yea... what order would you do it? And if you can answer the other question would be awesome.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Do u have a cold air intake and tuner yet??? If not, that would be the very first thing I did. Go JLT or C&L...

·
Registered
818 Posts
Order I did my go fast mods: axleback exhaust, cai and tune, shifter, spydershaft, catted x, suspension goodies.

If I could do it over again I'd probably put 4.10s in after the cai and tune.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
This is the list of mods I already got to the car: JLT CAI. 93 Octane Tune. Kooks LT. O/R X pipe. SLP LM. Steeda UDP.

I would rather add as much speed as I can (excluding supercharger for now) before fixing the exterior, so I guess I'll go with gears, DS then suspension.

Reason I'm going with 3.73 is because this car is my daily driver and 4.10 aren't in my best interest, especially when I plan to get a supercharger.

Can anyone recommend a good site to order those from (mainly for DS and short shifter), just wanna shop around before purchasing them.

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
Why are u not doing 4.10's? Ur only excuse would be if u were planning on getting a twin screw supercharger.
Or that he prefers quiet gear sets.......oh snap.

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
This is the list of mods I already got to the car: JLT CAI. 93 Octane Tune. Kooks LT. O/R X pipe. SLP LM. Steeda UDP.

I would rather add as much speed as I can (excluding supercharger for now) before fixing the exterior, so I guess I'll go with gears, DS then suspension.

Reason I'm going with 3.73 is because this car is my daily driver and 4.10 aren't in my best interest, especially when I plan to get a supercharger.

Can anyone recommend a good site to order those from (mainly for DS and short shifter), just wanna shop around before purchasing them.
Borla stinger axle back.

·
booooost'd
7,545 Posts

Lol, my mpg got better with 4.10's. Most people with 4.10's have them as dd's

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
gears or an intake/tune. and i spent a lot of time deciding between 3.73's and 4.10s and now i want 4.10s. i would go with those. especially if you already have 3.55s

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
4.10 or GTFO. You will not regret it. Its not that big of gas guzzler as you think it'll be.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have 4:10 s in my daily driver and love it. I didn't see much difference to the mpg after I had them installed. You already have the tune so it will be better with the 4:10s unless you add the supercharger very soon.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
4.10 or GTFO. You will not regret it. Its not that big of gas guzzler as you think it'll be.
I have 4:10 s in my daily driver and love it. I didn't see much difference to the mpg after I had them installed. You already have the tune so it will be better with the 4:10s unless you add the supercharger very soon.
Just hope you don't ever want 500+ rwhp.

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
whats the diffrence from all aspects between 3.75's and 4.10's besides the size?
n/a? 200rpms is the difference basically on the highway. maybe a little less. Stock I had 3.55s, then I switched to 4.10s, then becuase of some problems i ended up with a complet bullit rear with 3.73s and now im back to 4.10s.

3.73s blow /thread.

There is one and only one benefit on a n/a car to 3.73s. You can cruise at 90mph or 85mph more comfortably. You will be at the same rpm the 4.10s would have you going 75 to 80. So if you like to cruise at 85 then go for it.

Around town the 3.73s suck. The car feels slower and heavier. And on the highway from a roll they suck. Say if you want to go from 5th to 3rd to....well not race someone on the highway becuase thats illegal but say you had to pass someone for safety reasons, the car is NOTICEABLY slower. It takes you to far below the power band and acceleraters through the rpms slower. Did i say the car is slower. For normal highway driving the 4.10s are also better. Just press the gas even in 5th to pass someone there is plenty of get up.

So in short, you really dont notice any huge benefits from 3.73s like comfort or less NVH unless you are doing 85+ and everywhere else you notice the downsides. I cruise at about 75 on the highway with a 65mph speed limit which has me at about 2600 rpms. Keeps me from getting speeding tickets as well. I got pulled over doing 75 in a 55 with 3.73s becuase 55mph in 5th was a dog and with 3.73s it had the rpms at 2000 which = drone from the exhuast.

4.10s

1 - 20 of 22 Posts