Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so first hi,secondly i dont wanna sound newb but i have a few questions about my mustang (2 days old first stang ever)
1:whats the pipe diameter,i have an unused cherry bomb vortex but its 2 1/2" ID. 2:can i install a chip (never had one but hear good things). and lastly its giving an obnoxious 'creak' ONLY when im turning right at rest OR in motion the best i can verbalise the sound is to think of a heavy metal squeaky hoopdies door hinge when you open it, i fear its something bad but it FEELS perfectly fine,oh and the sound originates from the right side only,thanks in advance for help

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Part 1A....don't do cherry bombs as exhaust...well personal opinon
Also, the chip if I'm thinking of is prolly a waste of time for 300 ish you can get a sct hand held tuner that comes with free tunes for life and in theroy the tuner can be used over and over and over and over and over again.....not saying the chip can't but the tuner is more...awsome let put it tht way lol
Plus the tuner is great for any mod down the road

·
Registered
662 Posts
what they said... and the creaking i can guarantee you its your ball joints. i had that same problem. just grease them up and work the wheel left and right until it stops. or add more grease.

·
Registered
143 Posts
i have the same creek.. its from my CAI, it was taken off when i had engine work done and was put back on shitty, i just havn't had the time to mess with it

·
I'm doing it wrong
5,495 Posts
Don't let your ball joints go unreplaced. Don't even bother greasing them up again, they weren't meant for that. If it's creaking then you have a tear in the rubber that holds the grease. Just greasing it up again is a temp fix and ball joints are not one of those temp fix things. That thing blows out on you while your on the highway... I will put it as lightly as possible.... Your screwed.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Part 1A....don't do cherry bombs as exhaust...well personal opinon
Also, the chip if I'm thinking of is prolly a waste of time for 300 ish you can get a sct hand held tuner that comes with free tunes for life and in theroy the tuner can be used over and over and over and over and over again.....not saying the chip can't but the tuner is more...awsome let put it tht way lol
Plus the tuner is great for any mod down the road
That is a great muffler and yes, it is the correct size. People don't seem to realize that Cherry Bomb makes more than glass packs. The Vortex muffler is their premium muffler and will sound fantastic on a V6 Mustang. A bit mellow but smooth. Cherry Bomb has two chambered mufflers and a turbo muffler also.
But anyway, YES. The Vortex muffler is a great idea.
No to the chip- Check out the SCT tunners at American Muscle for description.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
thanks for the help but had no time today to fuss with her,and trust me it must run correctly FIRST,i feared it was ball joints ill have the rims off tomorrow and as for the brakes the calipers and rear rotors wrere replaced within the last 3 months,and im set on the bomb if done correctly they sound awesome. ill see how bad it is up there and update tomorrow. and also i dont think its the cai the creak is just to heavy sounding like an arm on a rusty back hoe

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well iv checked around the site for balljoints and now im positive my wheels gonna pop off...****. im gonna make a vid now so you can hear not read whats wrong but im sure its the same as the others,ball joints BUT mine ONLY squeaks turnin right and not on bumps as others claim,but if it is balljoints whats the ballpark on parts+labor,or if i could get a press on autozones free tool rental thing and do it myself i read the balljoints were only 25?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

you can also hear my power steering mixed in with the noise but if you know what im talking about you can hear it,sorry its so bad but its a cell phone at night like 5 min ago.

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Since nobody has mentioned it yet, stock exhaust piping size is 2.25". I believe you can get clamp-on adapters (probably even weld-on as well) to fit the 2.25" pipe to the 2.5" inlet/outlet on the muffler.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
figured id need an adapter autozones got a **** ton of sizes like a buck a piece needed one for my old ranger,but for now i need to stop that noise,im honestly worried to drive it now after reading some other balljoints threads and hearing repeatedly "wheels gonna dump" so im gonna get in there and see whats what,is there a way to judge how bad it is? iv read to wiggle the jacked up tire up and down for play in it, but that worries me cause mine creaks turning only not on bumps or even nasty PA pot holes,could it be wiggly to the right only or what? this has me up all night,now the suns up so i gotta go check her out,if its true im freakin screwed,unless as i read from a few its a simple diy but others demand a shops help...id rather diy but **** idk im just gonna get on the ball an go tear her down,ill be back sporadically through the day for updates and any further advice you guys have.thanks again and sorry such long posts but im goin nutsy here my new stang seems in dire straights. HELP

·
Registered
53 Posts
That sounds like my wheel bearing I just replace made the noise when I turned left so I changed left wheel bearing good to go if it only makes it when u turn right id be checking that right wheel bearing

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
Since nobody has mentioned it yet, stock exhaust piping size is 2.25". I believe you can get clamp-on adapters (probably even weld-on as well) to fit the 2.25" pipe to the 2.5" inlet/outlet on the muffler.
Yeah they make them for all kinds of sizes. I would want to have them welded vs. Clamping them on. I just had a few leakes ok my exhaust welded up and it sounds so much better and the rasp in the upper rpm's is not as bad.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts