Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently went to my friends house and he lives by the bay. It rained real bad that night, and I was parked on a side street, and the road flooded bad. The water came up to my head lights. I tried to start my car the next day, nothing firing. So I got a new starter, now its trying to turn over but I noticed the fuel pump isn't priming. It was priming the night before. What should I be looking for. I have checked all fuses, I cracked open the CCRM, and it looks dirty, and theres some green spots in a few places where i can see corrosion, but who knows if that's the cause or not, it was still clicking when i took it out. I checked the Inertia Switch, it was still pushed down. I have not checked if the plug to the fuel pump was getting power, or the intertia switch those are the only things I havent checked yet, I did order a used CCRM off of ebay though. If anyone has some input they can throw me, please do. I'd like to look at some stuff while I'm waiting for this part to come in. I'm not great with electrical work, but if you tell me where something is, I can check on it, I am good at repairing wiring and things like that. Let me know, thanks guys.

·
Registered
24 Posts
That sucks. Had a car go under water once. I had to change all fluids water had filled the crankcase turning the oil into chocolate milk. Drain the fuel tank, trans, power steering, rear end, anything with a breather or leak will let water in. Then check your spark, if the fuel pump is not coming on check the fusible link by the battery right off the starter solenoid might be burned up. Plus water gets in the HVAC system smelled like a swamp. Pull the carpet out and clean under if it got wet spray down with Lysol to kill mold and bacteria. After I got it looking right and not smelling, sale it. A year from now connectors and wiring will rust and electrical problems will become an issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
where is the solenoid? I could not locate it what so ever. I was told the only one is on the starter. let me know. I'm going to try jumping the fuel pump.

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
either under your seat or by the maf depending on the year of your whip

·
Registered
24 Posts
The starter solenoid is behind the plastic cover on the driver side fender, near the battery. Just follow the positive battery cable should go right to the solenoid. As for the fuel pump relay it is either under the driver seat or in the engine compartment near the MAf as Hatch said.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Found out my car has a CCRM with all relays in it. My car is a 95 mustang gt, with a 5.0 in it, and a T5 tranny. upper and lower cobra air intake, all that good ****. Changed out the starter, not fuel pump isnt priming, it was priming the night of the flood. Ive seen some places they say a bad ground maybe? The radiater fan kicks on even when i dont have the car on, it's weird. The night it happened I heard the CCRM box clicking on and off, so maybe it shorted out the relay. I heard the fuel pump prime that night, and then it just got quieter everytime i tried to crank it over, what happened was the water rotted the connection of my positive cable to the starter, and the wire was hitting the casing of the starter and sparking, and i didn't notice for a bit. If anyone has anywhere i could start to diagnose this before i send it to the dealer lemme know. I have a CCRM being shipped to my house by tommorow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts