Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been browsing the forums looking at as much information as I can about stroker motors and still have a few questions.

Here is what I am doing and maybe you guys can give me some help, advice, opinions, and maybe where to get some decent parts on a budget.
I have 2 302 blocks casting numbers D2OE-6015-AB 3A4 and D8VE-6015-A3A
The first is a 1972 302 Ford Marine Block out of a Mercruiser already taken apart and cleaned, the other is a 1978 302 out of a Wagon of some sort.
I have a set of 351w heads, not sure on the specs for it, think it has normal rockers.
have a Hydraulic flat tappet cam duration at .050 204int 214exh, advertised duration 270int 280exh, lobe spread 1.2, valve lift .448int .472 exh, cam lift .280int .295 exh
Hydraulic lifters
planning on 3.400" Stroke, 5.4" Rods I think I am going to go with I-Beams since they are cheaper, .030 Hypereurectic Piston probably from Keith Black, seems to be the cheapest 347 Stroker Rotating Assembly I can find and it is from speedwaymotors.com (if anyone has some other suggestions I am open to them, but I am on somewhat of a budget.)
For now Stock Intake Manifold (Only cause I have no idea how to choose one of these need suggestions on which direction to take on this)
600CFM Edelbrock 2BBL Carb (Wanting to get a 600-650CFM Holley Double Pump, but keep hearing these are not good with Automatic transmissions.)
Using either a C-4 or C-6 Transmission, not sure on stall on these, I believe stock.

Does anything about this build look horribly wrong to anyone? I am looking for Street Performance with Mild Racing a couple weekends a summer.
Let me know if there are any questions.

Thanks Guys

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kind of what I am doing, other than it becoming a 347. I would like aftermarket intake, but don't know what kinds, styles, or names to look for. Being on a budget really sucks. I am just wanting to build this motor to have fun on the street with, and take it to the drag strip a few weekends and have fun. I have a few buddies that think there cars and trucks are bad so wanting to make one faster than them, and my V6 just does not cut it. So looking for a GT, or gonna find a later 60's coupe or fastback to put it into, Just need some help picking out some parts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts