Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im new here and have a few questions. I have 1995 gt with a fairly stock motor (i believe the car has an F cam in it) but i think everything else is stock. I am looking to put a turbo on my car but i still have two more questions before i buy anything. i am wondering if i need an aftermarket ignition system? and do i need a fuel regulator? i am looking to make between 400-450 hp at 10-psi

Thanks,
Jake

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Im not 100% on this but Im pretty sure you need bigger injectors and a better fuel pump along with a different MAF sensor... (at the least) someone will correct me if Im off

·
~C~, The Other White Meat!
1,623 Posts
The turbo guys need to answer, but as far as forced goes, you need larger MAF, larger injectors, fuel pump upgrade, colder plugs. Not to sure what comes on the stock 95, or if you have the 5.0 or not. I really don't know if the turbo set up is much different from a blower. THose are typically the items you need.

Do a search for turbo or turbo set up on the site. there are dozens and dozens of threads on this. I am sure you will find an answer.

·
Registered
204 Posts
you can get buy with a stock ignition I have been 10.30s with it. you should drop back a heat range with the plugs or even 2 and close the gap up to around .030. Like said you will need bigger injectors bigger pump and a mass air that works with the said inj. or a way to tune or chip for the EEC for the bigger injectors and yes I would run a better adj. FPR. like said same stuff as a S/C car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts