Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as most of you know, i decided a while back not to mod my car, as it is fairly low mileage and too nice to screw up, but then i started thinking last night - this is my car, i plan on keeping it for the rest of my life, so why not do what i want to it?

so here we go.

i decided that i want around 400-450rwhp. i thought about the nitrous idea, i thought about the centri idea, turbo, twin screw, 408 stroker, etc. and i think i have narrowed down my choices to either a turbocharger or a centrifugal, procharger in particular.

would it be unsafe for me to simply buy a turbocharger or procharger and slap it on without any supporting mods, such as internals?

i don't have an extremely low budget, but i don't have an extremely high budget either.. probably around $4,000

would a 70mm quicktime turbocharger give me the hp gains i'm looking for without having to spend a ton of money on other things to keep them from breaking?

people always talk about how much the engine block/internals can hold, but at what point would i need to beef up the rear end or transmission?

Reactions: 8t6gt

·
Registered
181 Posts
at the 450 range its almost a must to upgrade internals i mean if done right it would last a while but u would be asking for some hurt

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah.. i'm really trying to avoid forged internals, but i'd much rather bite the bullet and buy them rather than blowing my engine by taking the cheap route.. do you happen to have a link for forged internals?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
well your block and internals that you have will hold quit some power, but when bolting on a turbo charger/ procharger or really anything that has a big jump in horse power, not doing "supporting mods" makes it so you dont get the full ability of what ever it is you decided to go with

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Just build a stroker motor and you will have your 400+hp. No boost. For that money maybe alittle more you will have a brand new reliable all motor car and if you want alittle more lets say at the track just shoot a little nitrous in it.. Thats the way to go man because in order to do it right the other way you have to replace the H\C\I if you want to make that power. I think the all motor is the way to go. Easy to tune and maintain if you drive it alot thats priceless alone not having to worry about air changes spark plugs just all the little stuff that needs to be monitored all the time if you want to keep your boosted car running right. Dont get me wrong boost is a good thing and I plan on someday to do a turbo motor but it requires more attention than an N\A motor..

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
are you kidding? If not, he owns quicktime turbo systems
no i wasn't kidding. am i supposed to know the name of every person that owns every business pertaining to mustang parts? because i don't.

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just build a stroker motor and you will have your 400+hp. No boost. For that money maybe alittle more you will have a brand new reliable all motor car and if you want alittle more lets say at the track just shoot a little nitrous in it.. Thats the way to go man because in order to do it right the other way you have to replace the HCI if you want to make that power. I think the all motor is the way to go. Easy to tune and maintain if you drive it alot thats priceless alone not having to worry about air changes spark plugs just all the little stuff that needs to be monitored all the time if you want to keep your boosted car running right. Dont get me wrong boost is a good thing and I plan on someday to do a turbo motor but it requires more attention than an NA motor..
yeah dude good idea..

·
Banned
3,784 Posts
no i wasn't kidding. am i supposed to know the name of every person that owns every business pertaining to mustang parts? because i don't.
dont get sassy...you put a "lol" in there, i didnt know if you were kidding or not.

·
Registered
685 Posts
s/c for the win!! put a lower psi blower kit on there you can't beat the power increase for a fairly small amount of work. Not to many supporting mods if you keep with low boost say 6-8 psi just a fuel pump upgrade. I love mine and would never consider removing it and I origanally strapped it to a completely stock engine

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
dont get sassy...you put a "lol" in there, i didnt know if you were kidding or not.
not getting sassy, you just made it seem like i was retarded for not knowing who he was.

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
s/c for the win!! put a lower psi blower kit on there you can't beat the power increase for a fairly small amount of work. Not to many supporting mods if you keep with low boost say 6-8 psi just a fuel pump upgrade. I love mine and would never consider removing it and I origanally strapped it to a completely stock engine
i notice in your sig it says you had a novi. what kind of novi? about how much power did you see from it with a stock engine? would 8psi be the maximum amount of boost you'd recommend for a stock engine (with fuel pump of course)?

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
i notice in your sig it says you had a novi. what kind of novi? about how much power did you see from it with a stock engine? would 8psi be the maximum amount of boost you'd recommend for a stock engine (with fuel pump of course)?

Dude if you wanna go with a low budget piece then get a Novi. But really think it trough if you build a motor everything is new. If you bolt a blower on everything is still old except the blower and you are a 2-3+ grand poorer..

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dude if you wanna go with a low budget piece then get a Novi. But really think it trough if you build a motor everything is new. If you bolt a blower on everything is still old except the blower and you are a 2-3+ grand poorer..
yeah but dude building a stroker is expensive as hell. just the shortblock alone would cost around the same price as a novi wouldn't it?

1 - 20 of 63 Posts