Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Not a Vert
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like..I really don't even know what to do now. EVERYTHING is stained to the core with dirt. These pics are after an attempted cleaning.

·
It'll buff out...
5,379 Posts
Try using some strong degreaser. Like purple power. The engine does not need to be warm for this to work. Agitate everything, twice if its really bad. My engine bay took 2 or 3 full cleanings to actually get it to look good. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
323 Posts
did you let the simple green dwell at all or did you immediately wash off? I've used that same method on multiple engines with a lot of success. was the SG diluted at all? also, after the drying, you need a product to bring the black plastics back or else they will remain faded......i'm waiting for 303 aerospace protectant and CG's black on black to arrive

303 Aerospace Protectant, 16 oz. - 303 Products

Chemical Guys Black on Black, 11 oz. - Chemical Guys Tire & Vinyl Dressings

you could try this method....

the guy in the video is a member here on MM

OR this method......

Engine Bay Auto Detailing Guide - Detailed Image

OR even this method.....

How To: Detail Your Engine Like a Professional - Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum

This is the result I got with the simple green method....

reps? lol :yes

·
Registered
726 Posts
Amazing Roll-off is an awesome cleaning aid especially for wheels and engine bays. Dilute 1:10 or less for any tough grease, dirt, and any stains. Only dilute when ready to use the product as it supposedly loses its effectiveness after being mixed with water after an extended time
My go too apc for the exterior.

Also 303 Aerospace has performed awesome for my engine bay, interior trim and exterior trim! Totally worth it and goes a long way!

·
Not a Vert
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I let the SG sit for a while. Didn't dilute it either. I've done a few other cars and they turned out perfect but my dads truck is just stubborn. Gwah. I need some aerospace but I'll have to wait a while.

Thanks for the advice :)

·
Registered
323 Posts
yea i've found that trucks and SUV's engines are much harder to clean. you could step it up to the purple power (available at Lowes and auto stores). Or maybe even zep citrus. i just ordered the AllClean+ (citrus based APC from chemical guys) to see how that works. Apparently the citrus-based APC's can break up particles better but i dunno :dunno

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
Iirc citrus is like natures apc lol, also adds a natural element as opposed to all man made chemical
Meg's apc is often reported of leaving an odd smell
Whereas their apc+ is citrus based and does not have that problem, it smells decent

I recently picked up all clean + and with its extremely high concentration I'm pretty excited to work with it and it will hopefully replace my apc+

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
Iirc citrus is like natures apc lol, also adds a natural element as opposed to all man made chemical
Meg's apc is often reported of leaving an odd smell
Whereas their apc+ is citrus based and does not have that problem, it smells decent

I recently picked up all clean + and with its extremely high concentration I'm pretty excited to work with it and it will hopefully replace my apc+

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
if you didnt dilute the Simple green and used full concentrate and let it dwell expect anything aluminum under the hood to look like ass and be etched once dried and it cant be fixed. Never use simple green for anything. if not used properly it will etch aluminum. I would look into something like Chemical Guys Grime Reaper, or Megs APC+ at 4:1 strength and agitate it.

·
Not a Vert
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was looking at getting all clean+ on my next order. Seemed to be pretty promising and I like how it's extremely visible.

I've never had an issue with it. I've read your warning before though. Used it on my 4.6 before and never had an issue. Suppose I'll stop using it before I **** something up.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
pretty sure the automotive is just the proper dilution ratio to safely be used on alum. that is it I think. either way Megs APC+ is much more cost effective at 12bucks a gallon that gives you around 4-10gallons worth of product depending on how strong you want it and even more if you dilute it enough for interiors.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts