Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased my first 2nd vehicle today. Super stoked about having another project and making my stang a weekend warrior. I picked two of the hardest domestic cars to keep stock. A Jeep and a Mustang :D

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 V8

Let me know what yall think. I thought that I got a hell of a deal before I washed half of it, now I feel even better.

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
Nice and clean! Now get some bigger tires, what size lift is on there? Looks like a 3" Its a little harder to tell on those. They dont sit the same as an XJ with a lift.

How much did it cost if you dont mind?

Here is mine and my buddies.

Along with my other buddies WJ

Good luck haha

What are your plans?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I paid $650 if you can believe that haha. It needs a transfer case swap. It has the NP249 (bad viscous coupler) and I believe thats all that is wrong with it.

It does have a 3 inch suspension lift on it, not sure what brand but it looks like Rancho from what I could see.

My overall goal is too rid it of the mall crawler look and be my off road machine and my winter vehicle so the mustang doesn't have to try to go in the snow again.

Bigger tires for sure (not sure what will fit with 3" lift, with a 15x10 or the like), get rid of lattice rims and start working on suspension and engine. Woot woot!

·
Registered
577 Posts
Wow the body looks super clean, and if the inside is 1/2 as good, that's a killer deal. Sounds like a very easy fix or a easy total swap. How many miles on the engine?

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
Good deal! You can fit 31's for sure, but Im not sure how big for a 3" lift. Ill ask my buddy.

I would also get a 7 or 8 inch rim and not a 10. Thats just my opinion. I have 15x8 with 32x11.5 tires.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is 126k on the engine but it runs smooth as hell. I did decide on 15x8s tho. The inside needs a good vacuum and shampoo.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Good deal! You can fit 31's for sure, but Im not sure how big for a 3" lift. Ill ask my buddy.

I would also get a 7 or 8 inch rim and not a 10. Thats just my opinion. I have 15x8 with 32x11.5 tires.
There is 126k on the engine but it runs smooth as hell. I did decide on 15x8s tho. The inside needs a good vacuum and shampoo.
Wise choice on the 8" wheel. 31's is comfortable on that size lift for them. You would either need to trim or lift it a bit more for 33's. 32's would fit, but you will have a decent amount of rub on it. Looks like a great start for a project! I want to find a XJ when I can for a trail beater. My ranger is too nice to tear it up haha.

·
Wanna be show worthy.
11,838 Posts
Congrats! Lift the **** outta it! :cool:

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is a blurry picture of the other side.

Big tires first then the suspension mods begin!

Alternate paychecks between Jeep, Bills, Mustang, Bills, Jeep etc....

·
Wanna be show worthy.
11,838 Posts
Looks good man!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts