Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys finally dyno'd my v6 i don't have the results to post but with the modifications made on an 06 v6 having long tube headers, mac prochamber and dual exhaust kit, COI, and bbk throttle body i'm at 203hp at the wheel and 233 torque, wanted to post in case anyone else has an 06 v6 looking at modifications wanting to know where they are at.

Also i will have my car supercharged here in the next couple of weeks and i will post that info if you guys like hopefully this time i will remember to bring my laptop to the dyno place and will post what i get lol.

·
Zoolander
7,719 Posts
do you have a tune and other mods or are those your only mods? If not I'm callin :bs

Your car makes 190hp stock to the crank, and about 160 to the wheels. Those mods do not add 43 hp. If you can prove me wrong do it. I honestly would love to be proved wrong on this one.

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
do you have a tune and other mods or are those your only mods? If not I'm callin :bs

Your car makes 190hp stock to the crank, and about 160 to the wheels. Those mods do not add 43 hp. If you can prove me wrong do it. I honestly would love to be proved wrong on this one.
just quoting in case you try to edit ;)

·
Registered
1,515 Posts

Really? I actually read another guys v6 dyno sheet from an 07 v6 and with similar mods he made 211 rwhp..

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
sorry i forgot i have the predator and had it tuned always forget something lmao

Oh and i wish i had the sheet on my laptop i could try to take a pic of it later to see how well that would look but there is a strange dip in 4th gear on power/torque i think its just the way the engine is set up, between 4krpm and about 4500rpm i had a dip in the power, after it got out of it then it went right back up but it only does that in 4th gear, i used my tuner to record live data and got on it through the gears and the spark dies down it seems just in 4th gear in that rpm range, was really weird but hard to fix a problem you don't notice unless you dyno lol.Oh and 1badstang my car is rated at 210 at the crank i thought.

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
its okay... its st. pattys day your probably already **** faced posting...

noob :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lmao yah its all good guys i was just excited with those results and i always forget to remember something i have done, if you guys wanna see the sheet i can see if a pic of the sheet will pull up ok and post it when i can so you guys can see that dip, consulted a few mechanic buddy's who work at a ford dealership and they said for some reason what they noticed a supercharger seems to make that dip non existent lol so i guess its not just mine.

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
i was gonna call BS unless you said you had it tuned
any numbers on what you made with out the tune?
nice numbers for exhaust and intake btw!
dyno tune makes a nice bump of power. its worth it if you have full bolt ons.

i'll be getting tuned once my rear end comes.
looking for 340 and 350+tq

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
yeah and aren't our cars slightly under rated?

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
damn, i wish you were in nj, i would love to race you after my gear install, youd probly blow me away tho :lol

·
Registered
26 Posts
yeah and aren't our cars slightly under rated?
Not sure about underated. I've seen numerous dyno's for stock 4.0's in the range of 170-180 rwhp (auto) to 175-185 rwhp (manual). Torque is impressive on them and just doing the basics 1) tuner/cai combo 2) gears/tlok show great gains.
The tuner gets rid of the throttle lag and really wakes the car up. Gears (I prefer 3.73's on auto) and tlok (put power to both wheels), while not a dyno gain, help translate that torque to real world performance. Which is why with just these mods you are seeing mid-high 14 second passes from them. Throw on a set of MT ET Street DR's and watch the ET's whittle down to low-mid 14's.

·
Registered
26 Posts
damn, i wish you were in nj, i would love to race you after my gear install, youd probly blow me away tho :lol
Not sure if that was directed to me, but I am always game to race.
I should be at a few FFW events, and probably will get to Mason Dixon or Cecil County once or twice throughout the year.
What kind of times you putting down?

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Not sure if that was directed to me, but I am always game to race.
I should be at a few FFW events, and probably will get to Mason Dixon or Cecil County once or twice throughout the year.
What kind of times you putting down?
no, it was to the OP, youd blow me away really really bad, my car runs like a low 15 as is lol

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.