Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up! I finished lowering my v6. Cut springs. 1.25 off the front and 1 off the back. These are not the best pictures, but oh well, they will do for now. Im considering taking another .25 off the front. Lemme know what you think.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks!
Jake.

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
I like. how did you measure what to cut off? flexible tape measure for sewing and fabric, just measure back from the end til 1.25 inches or what? explain please. I am wanting to cut some coil off the back of mine. interested and looks good but need clearer pics.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like. how did you measure what to cut off? flexible tape measure for sewing and fabric, just measure back from the end til 1.25 inches or what? explain please. I am wanting to cut some coil off the back of mine. interested and looks good but need clearer pics.
by 1.25 and 1 i meant coils, not inches.

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
ah roj. gotcha man.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Nah Bud, He's talking about percentage of coil wrap. where the coil comes back to where it starts is 1 wrap. .25 is a 1/4 of a wrap. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
looks good man!, love the sonic blue!!! i still need to do the same, just dont feel like it haha

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
pretty sure everyone needs too :p (that hasnt bought new springs or already cut them that is)
hahaha that is true...it bugs me how high they are...every know and then i dont pay attention to the height and when i do im im just like...damnnnn!!!, why did ford make them sit so high lol

·
Registered
730 Posts
looks good man!, love the sonic blue!!! i still need to do the same, just dont feel like it haha
lol you spend like 3 weeks on your paint and you cant spend 2 hours on springs :stickpoke

lol but it looks good bro i hope some of my advice helped

i would almost say i like it better than mine lol but i do look at mine everyday

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
lol you spend like 3 weeks on your paint and you cant spend 2 hours on springs :stickpoke

lol but it looks good bro i hope some of my advice helped

i would almost say i like it better than mine lol but i do look at mine everyday
bahahahaha, that is true. i dont know but for some reason i dont feel like taking the time to get the springs out and cut them

and yeah it did take me forever to get it finished...when i started all week it was sooo nice and no wind, and the day i started to paint, the very next it was sooo windy and raining, it was like that for 2 weeks it seemed, then it snowed, and this week was just nice enough to finish, thank goodness, i was getting impatient cause i wanted to drive it lol

and its kind of weird going outside and seeing blue and not black lol

but i might take the time to cut them this weekend :)

·
Registered
730 Posts
bahahahaha, that is true. i dont know but for some reason i dont feel like taking the time to get the springs out and cut them

and yeah it did take me forever to get it finished...when i started all week it was sooo nice and no wind, and the day i started to paint, the very next it was sooo windy and raining, it was like that for 2 weeks it seemed, then it snowed, and this week was just nice enough to finish, thank goodness, i was getting impatient cause i wanted to drive it lol

and its kind of weird going outside and seeing blue and not black lol

but i might take the time to cut them this weekend :)
i feel ya man the weather up here in ky suckkkkssss too its nice for like a day then its either raining, hailing, or snowing :mad: cant wait to get to florida :cool:

but for real if you dont get sidetracked (like i did) it takes like 2-3 hours tops 4 if you paint them :D

and dam i want to paint mine DSG soooo bad but i think ill just buy a gt in dark shadow :D lol maybe ill look at the title this time and make sure its not salvaged :sorry

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i feel ya man the weather up here in ky suckkkkssss too its nice for like a day then its either raining, hailing, or snowing :mad: cant wait to get to florida :cool:

but for real if you dont get sidetracked (like i did) it takes like 2-3 hours tops 4 if you paint them :D

and dam i want to paint mine DSG soooo bad but i think ill just buy a gt in dark shadow :D lol maybe ill look at the title this time and make sure its not salvaged :sorry
Change your sig man. Looks like you got an off road 4x4 limited edition mud boss in your sig.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Change your sig man. Looks like you got an off road 4x4 limited edition mud boss in your sig.
i know haha! i took that at the corvette factory in bowling green and there was a sign that said parking for non gm vehicles only i thought it was funny

and i have to wait till its nice enough to clean my car and take pictures... it freakin rains every other day

1 - 20 of 25 Posts