Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buying gears from someone on corral.net. They're ford brand... not FRPP. I've asked him and he swears up and down that they're not motive... and on the ring and pinion it even says ford in big letters.

What do you guys think? I know that motive sometimes badges their stuff with FORD, but idk...

BTW they're 3.73's... just right for all my road racing and the KB 2.1L thats going on next december.

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
whether they're FRPP, Motive, or Richmond, the important thing is to get them installed right. the noise comes from the install, not the brand of gears. get someone who knows what he's doing and you'll be set...

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
whether they're FRPP, Motive, or Richmond, the important thing is to get them installed right. the noise comes from the install, not the brand of gears. get someone who knows what he's doing and you'll be set...
Yup... I'm installing them with Kenny Brown, so i'll be in good shape. I just know motive has a tendancy to wine more than FRPP's do... ok thx

·
Registered
922 Posts
DO NOT GET 373, you WILL be dissapointed and wish you had gotten the 4.10s. Unless youre gettind a PD/roots type blower, go with at least 4.10s

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
BTW they're 3.73's... just right for all my road racing and the KB 2.1L thats going on next december.
DO NOT GET 373, you WILL be dissapointed and wish you had gotten the 4.10s. Unless youre gettind a PD/roots type blower, go with at least 4.10s
Read dude. Read. Hes slapping a Kenne Bell on there. Hes gonna want the 3.73s...

Also mustangmanic, sounds good dude. So I guess your going to install them with him? So hes basically teaching you through it?

·
Registered
407 Posts
i got 3.73's and im not dissapointed...i drive mine everyday... i mean everyday... 4.10's would be too much for a DD regardless of what anyone says... especially if you like to cruz 80+ mph...i say get 4.10's if its a weekend car...just my 2 cents

·
Registered
922 Posts
i got 3.73's and im not dissapointed...i drive mine everyday... i mean everyday... 4.10's would be too much for a DD regardless of what anyone says... especially if you like to cruz 80+ mph...i say get 4.10's if its a weekend car...just my 2 cents
My car is a daily. Had 3.73, realized my mistake, got 4.10s. But, yea, didnt read the whole post :eek:

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
i got a dd and i am getting 4.30s, i do about 40mph in 3rd gear dont mind shifting:)

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah.. i know i'll be happy with the 3.73's. The diffence in the 1/4 is only like .1-.2 seconds... not that much at all.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just bought them!!!

they're surplus from the ford explorer racall they did not too long ago about gear wine. They're original ford factory ring and pinons! So they're the good product, not the one's that were recalled.

got em for $170 with a bearing kit shipped to my door in 48 hrs!!!

·
Registered
468 Posts
some say with 4:10's on a gt that you will be on the rev limiter before the end of the quarter....no personal experience with this just hear-say

·
Registered
468 Posts
this is with cars running low 12's and faster

·
Registered
1,929 Posts

yea i know some guys with 4.10's on there DD and hate it

·
Registered
248 Posts
I've got 4.10s in my roush and I love them, first gear is pretty much useless unless im racing but works very well on the interstate. so if you've got a 5spd I reccomed the 4.10's anything less youll be dissapointed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts