1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
There was a thread with this exact question asked not long ago. In fact I think it might have even been you that made it. Anyways when I get to a computer I will copy and paste my post from that thread

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
What does everyone use to fill the Factory IAC holes?

I was kind of hoping for a write up exactly people did step by step I don't want to screw this up it was a pain in the dick to find a good intake that wasn't cracked or crushed.

When grinding down the spot where the IAC sits do I also need to get rid of the small rectangular cutout near the throttle body opening?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Haha, i feel you lumoon, i would not even attempt to try that job with those directions. soutfour, anyway you can explain a little more in detail? i would love to know this info as well.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
I will try to explain it a bit better when i get to a computer but you might want to find someone who has actually done this. I bought my kit from Vap and I'm just going by what I see.

And if you **** up this intake op, I can get another one. I'm actually going to be sending another batch off to vap pretty soon.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I'm thinking about just making a block off plate and bolting it into the spot where the iac factory holes are and just drilling new ones.

Can someone with a windstar kit from vap take off your intake piping and take a picture head on at the throttle body with it open. And could you also remove the throttle body and take a picture of the location the throttle body bolts too? I'm trying to figure out if VAP shaved and filled the rectangle off the front. I'm sure it goes to the IAC but I want to make sure.

I didn't think this would be this difficult... Shoulda spent the extra money and bought the full kit.

·
MOAR BOOST
9,163 Posts
I don't have the TB on mine cuz I don't have one still.
But the opening is square, the whole IAC thing on the top was shaved down flat

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Right the spot the throttle body bolts to is square with a circle opening roughly the same size as the throttle body, but on the factory Windstar the IAC bolts to the top of the intake, and slightly above the circle opening in the square throttle body ... never mind I'll post a picture. Hold on.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/717/windstar3.jpg/

See the rectangle on top of the circle? Does that need to be filled or left alone?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts