Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup I did it! Now before you guys say "You could do much better and faster.". I've been reading a lot of stories lately of guys breaking their axles, and I don't want to be one of them. Here's my slip.

I was launching around 3k, and I still have 3.27 gears, and shifting into 4th is killing me just a little. But I am satisfied with this.

·
Registered
890 Posts
congradulations (was said in a very sarcastic way)

·
Registered
890 Posts
i have never been to the track so idk what a 12 second car looks like sooo.... :sad

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
welcome to the club slow poke :D

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
better build your rear first :D

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
better build your rear first :D
I know :(

I was worried about it all day but it held up fine. Right now it's just a cruising car not to much tracking even though I got in 11 passes today :eek:.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Nice man congrats. How much power are you making? And what tires?

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Thanks man. Yeah 3.27's are no beuno.

Thanks man. I'm making 403rwhp/403rwtq. I was using 275 555r's.
Sweet deal. Crazy though, Im making almost 20 less rwhp but I trapped about 6mph higher. Wierd. I just got some new NT555R's and heading to the track within the next 2 weeks.

Any ideas on what gears you want to do? Id definatley recomend 3.73s. I really couldnt be happier with them.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sweet deal. Crazy though, Im making almost 20 less rwhp but I trapped about 6mph higher. Wierd. I just got some new NT555R's and heading to the track within the next 2 weeks.

Any ideas on what gears you want to do? Id definatley recomend 3.73s. I really couldnt be happier with them.
I'll probably go 3.73. At the track they had their annual swap meet, and I found a set of mint condition 4.10's for $60. I'd rather not get used gears though. Those tires should make a world of difference too.

I'm not the best driver either, so that could explain the mph. I'll be goin back to the track mid April as well.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
as long as they are installed right, you shouldnt have a problem with used gears. We have installed plenty of sets that customers have brought in with no problems

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
I'll probably go 3.73. At the track they had their annual swap meet, and I found a set of mint condition 4.10's for $60. I'd rather not get used gears though. Those tires should make a world of difference too.

I'm not the best driver either, so that could explain the mph. I'll be goin back to the track mid April as well.
Good, the only thing I dont like with 4.10's is your going to have to over rev to go through the traps. You could go 28" tires, but those arent cheap.

And yeah youll get better man. 1.9 60 is good. The way I launched with 245 NT555Rs was just smoked them til I saw smoke at my window, then held for another couple seconds. Then launched around 2800 rpm. This was at like 28-30psi. If I spun, dropped the tire pressure. If I bogged, raised the rpm.

NT555R's should be fine on the rear end, just dont dump the clutch. But most likley the tires will spin before you break the rear.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
as long as they are installed right, you shouldnt have a problem with used gears. We have installed plenty of sets that customers have brought in with no problems
Damn, if I had knew that I would have definitely grabbed them. There's another swap meet late April hopefully I get lucky.

Good, the only thing I dont like with 4.10's is your going to have to over rev to go through the traps. You could go 28" tires, but those arent cheap.

And yeah youll get better man. 1.9 60 is good. The way I launched with 245 NT555Rs was just smoked them til I saw smoke at my window, then held for another couple seconds. Then launched around 2800 rpm. This was at like 28-30psi. If I spun, dropped the tire pressure. If I bogged, raised the rpm.

NT555R's should be fine on the rear end, just dont dump the clutch. But most likley the tires will spin before you break the rear.
I had a couple good burnouts nothing to crazy, and I had full tire pressure. I'm not sure what it was, next time I'm gonna drop it hopefully I can get into the low 12's. I don't dump the clutch, I let it out easy then get on it. I also gotta work on my shifting as well.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts