Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so after 2 months i got my 2VrB1 cams, so stay tuned ill have some sound clips soon and hopefully a dyno sheet in the spring

And for some reason i ordered the cam bolts i needed but a set of used ones came in the boxes..... Sooo im kinda wondering why that happened but whatever.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Sounds good, Congrats! Definitely post a vid of the exhaust tone with those cams. Did you have to send in your cams for a regrind or did they custom build them?

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good, Congrats! Definitely post a vid of the exhaust tone with those cams. Did you have to send in your cams for a regrind or did they custom build them?
They custom built them from new cores :naughty:, I was very excited when they arrived, I sent the heads to the machine shop to get them checked over so hopefully i will have them back soon. I thought these were pretty mild but they are basically a 260/260 compared to like comp cams 262s. Everyone who has them loves them and they dont cause any PTV whatsoever.

If anyone is considering ordering from MHS be prepared to wait... It took these 2 months from when i ordered to arrive at my door...

·
Registered
189 Posts
That's too long of a wait for me lol I'll probably go with 270s from Comp when I start my new engine.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's too long of a wait for me lol I'll probably go with 270s from Comp when I start my new engine.
Good choice, i just wanted something mild that I didn't need to do valvesprings with and these fit the bill. And they were over 100 dollars cheaper than the comp 262s and honestly people are seeing the same gains with these as they are with comp 262's so i dont get it. Some guy made 250rwhp through an auto without full bolt ons with his his PI swap so i should have a decent street machine.

·
Registered
265 Posts
those are recession buster cams right? If so those are not new the are reginds from the stock pi cams that is why they are cheaper

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
those are recession buster cams right? If so those are not new the are reginds from the stock pi cams that is why they are cheaper
Your right my bad. From the sound clips i've heard they sound pretty cool though.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Your right my bad. From the sound clips i've heard they sound pretty cool though.
It was a nice choice they sound good and make power.I might be getting the same ones. I just don't want people to get the wrong idea about these cams being new lol.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was a nice choice they sound good and make power.I might be getting the same ones. I just don't want people to get the wrong idea about these cams being new lol.
Alot of people hate on them lol, when i initially said i wanted them a bunch of people chimed in saying "those things wont make any power blah blah blah buy some cams that are proven" even though these things cost way less then most stage 1's and honestly the difference in gains that i have seen is negligible.
What do 262's usually make like 25rwhp? im sure the power band is similar to these cams have pretty close durations specs except the difference in lift. But according to Nick at MHS the lift isn't where these motors make power. He also said his buster cams will make 20rwhp over pi cams and a whack load more tq down low. The nice broader powerband was what i was really looking for though.

So why pay the extra 200 bucks lol. Thats how i saw it anyways. Just be patient :p

·
Registered
265 Posts
Alot of people hate on them lol, when i initially said i wanted them a bunch of people chimed in saying "those things wont make any power blah blah blah buy some cams that are proven" even though these things cost way less then most stage 1's and honestly the difference in gains that i have seen is negligible.
What do 262's usually make like 25rwhp? im sure the power band is similar to these cams have pretty close durations specs except the difference in lift. But according to Nick at MHS the lift isn't where these motors make power. He also said his buster cams will make 20rwhp over pi cams and a whack load more tq down low. The nice broader powerband was what i was really looking for though.

So why pay the extra 200 bucks lol. Thats how i saw it anyways. Just be patient :p
These cams make over 20rwhp over pi's really? Nick said that? if so that is great and the way i will certainly go. I am not trying to spend $600 for cams and $150 for degreeing then 400Plus for dyno tuning just to pick up 25-30 rwhp if i could spend less for 20 lol

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
These cams make over 20rwhp over pi's really? Nick said that? if so that is great and the way i will certainly go. I am not trying to spend $600 for cams and $150 for degreeing then 400Plus for dyno tuning just to pick up 25-30 rwhp if i could spend less for 20 lol
Yeah theres a thread on corral with him talking about them, you get a nice power band and they pick up at least 20rwhp. That sold me on them lol, i think they cost me 450 in total including the shipping to Canada. And they are perfectly fine to run with stock springs.

I honestly couldn't justify spending 660 bucks on cams to pick up like 5 or 10 more rwhp. After shipping and degreeing they would end up costing me close to a grand... I'm doing my entire PI swap for that price.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How are the results? how do you like the new cam?
I'll have the heads back from the machine shop on monday. So hopefully i'll have it running by thursday or friday depending on how long it takes me. Trouble is its the middle of winter and i want to break the cams in but i don't really want to drive it on these roads :facepalm:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts