Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I know they are vinyl blah blah. I like the way they look and I may get them painted on. The car needs a new paint job soon enough anyways so it may be sooner rather than later.

Next week the car is getting a Steeda CAI, FRPP 4.10 gears and hotrod cams w/ dyno tune. Oh and the offroad h-pipe is going on with the Pypes Violators. Hopefully I will have a video of the dyno tune and some random clips of the exhaust I got a camera with decent audio quality.

Anyways here are a few pictures. Hope they look good.

·
Registered
44 Posts
looks great! nice job

·
Registered
486 Posts
supersnake stripes are so overrated ;)

jk man looks great! mine are vinyl as well

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone. Im surprised that the stripes came out as well as they did. They are nice and glossy. I just got my Agent 47 mirrors in and im also thinking about this grille (link) and probably tinting the fogs a little. I love the fog lights I use them all the time its a cool look for the car but I dont want them showing up as much with the new grille so tinting them a little is the only way to go I think. Hopefully I can do it myself pretty easily in an afternoon.

·
Registered
486 Posts
you shoud sell the agent47's and get some 2010 mirrors they looks so much sleeker!

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
well it doesnt matter what anyone else thinks! you like them! and they are sweet!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Thanks everyone. Im surprised that the stripes came out as well as they did. They are nice and glossy. I just got my Agent 47 mirrors in and im also thinking about this grille (link) and probably tinting the fogs a little. I love the fog lights I use them all the time its a cool look for the car but I dont want them showing up as much with the new grille so tinting them a little is the only way to go I think. Hopefully I can do it myself pretty easily in an afternoon.

That Grille is SICK! I am thinking about getting it for my car too.

Nice Stripes too!!

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hrmm I may do that. Is it chrome? I always wondered what that black chrome kit would look like. I'd have to look at it and see. Im not really into the whole blacked out look but just that part may be alright. Stop giving me ideas im spending too much money! :p

The reason I picked the supersnake stripes is because not a lot of GTs or Mustangs in general have them. They aren't unique but they're pretty rare. Hopefully everything comes together the way I want it. And I hope I have enough cash for that front grille I keep staring at it.... also staring at 6ERs picture but thats for other reasons.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I like this one better than the double stripe. Might just paint it on. Can you post the dimensions?

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I measured mine a while back. I believe the center stripe was 19" and the outside stripes where 1" with a 1" gap. The gap should line up with the washer nozzles.

Ive been checking up on the stripes every now and then. Hopefully they will last longer than the old ones did.

Edit: I didnt mind the double stripes but everyone has them. First time I saw the supersnake stripe I knew I wanted it.

Edit #2: Anyone running tinted fog lights? If I get this grille I might order these blackout fog light tints that are 20%. I just want to know if the lights will still retain a little function. I ran with them on a lot because they lit up the sides of the road pretty well and the areas I drive always has kids and animals on the roads at night. The 35% tint didnt look as good. Also I may do the turn signals but then again if I do those the marker lights might look stupid. Sooo $200 is now looking more like $245.... bah.

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
I have the vinyl tint on all my lights and hate it. It caused my fogs and headlights to crack. On top of the cracks the to t bubbled up. Just use vht which is a spray tint and looks much better. The other option is to buy tinted lights all around. Car looks awesome.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I may get that. Where is it sold at? I may run down to advance auto and see if they have it. I think ive seen it used before and you can just spray on some thin coats. I'd have to try a test coat on something lol I love to spray on heavy coats of paint :(

I cant wait for the whole car to come together both looks and sound. I may or may not do the new grille the top is $200 and the bottom is $60... I will probably keep the stock bottom but im not sure if the new top grille will cover the stripes in their position. I'd have look at everything pretty close and see.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Update. New pic at night

And I found the VHT stuff. Orileys had it... its 9PM so I cant really do it tonight but im going to test it out on something in the morning and see if I can put it on. Yay impulse buying!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts