Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well took the 2000 to the track and got my goal of 13's. Made about 8 passes and my best was a [email protected] It ran consistent 13.7's. And 2 13.8 passes. 60's sucked and were all 2.0's. This thing is in dire need of a stall and lca's, but even after almost 10 weeks I haven't received either of them :(. But I'm happy with what the car did and had fun so now I just gotta wait for my other parts.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Very nice for the mods you have. :cool:

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Nice times for a bolt on Auto. I hope to run those times with with my 4:10's. What are all of your mods op?

Tbird, what do you think the best times possible are for an auto with 4:10's, LTs, SCT tuner, DRs, upper and lower control arms, BBK 70 mm tb, K&N, Mac cat less h pipe and Flowmaster mufflers? I also have Lakewood shocks and struts with my UPR coil overs. I hope to achieve consistent 13.60's with out a converter. You think that's fairly doable?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Very good times, i went consistent 13.40's with out an converter. with the following bolts ons.

4.10 gears
flowtech long tube hedders
off road x pipe
k&n air filter (not cold air kit)
Lasota 92 tune
no front sway bar
U.D.P's

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Very good times, i went consistent 13.40's with out an converter. with the following bolts ons.

4.10 gears
flowtech long tube hedders
off road x pipe
k&n air filter (not cold air kit)
Lasota 92 tune
no front sway bar
U.D.P's
Wow, that is a good time without a stall. What did you have for suspension? Lowering springs, CA's, etc.? And how about tires when you ran those times?

·
Registered
133 Posts
I spent 6 months researching converters, precision, dd, yank and edge. and after multiple conversations with each vendor i chose edge. not because the other vendors did'nt make nice stuff, Andre at edge seemed just as knowledgeable as the rest. He did'nt bad mouth the other vendors and he answered all my questions and so far his converter is exactly what he said it would be and it has a 2 year warranty and 1 free upgrade if needed.
Now i will not be to the track for 2 weeks then we will really see how well it works?
My 2 cents

·
Registered
133 Posts
i had stock wheels on it with nitto 555's on the back, stock springs with no other mods other than removing front sway bar. With stock converter my opinion is all the rear bars and maybe even subframe connectors are a reach if your running a NA car with just bolt ons.
Now this winter i installed a new converter, upr sub frame connectors, torque box re-inforcements, and adj upper and lower rear bars, fox front springs, strange struts and rear shocks.
I'm excited to say the least what this thing will do and maybe i'm being overly optimistic but i think it is capable of running 12.80's?

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
not too shabby.......:D

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks fellas. the complete mods I have are catless hpipe, mac mufflers dumped, stock intake with k&n, 75mm tb with 75mm ported plenum, udp's, 93 tune, and 3.73's. I was really just looking for a 13.9 but my first pass was a 13.7 and i was extremely happy.

And I went with a dirty dog, i heard he was slow but everyone i talked to said it took 4-5 weeks, however on monday it'll be 10 weeks for me but apparantly it shipped last week so i should get it soon.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Man, those are good times for your mods guys. I hope to touch those times when I get some sticky tires!

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Man, those are good times for your mods guys. I hope to touch those times when I get some sticky tires!
sticky tires always help ;). I just have some 555r's but at my power level that's all I need. I did very small burn outs at the track and didn't have traction problems at all, and the prepping was about non existant. even with the stall these things will still hook damn good i'm impressed so far.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
sticky tires always help ;). I just have some 555r's but at my power level that's all I need. I did very small burn outs at the track and didn't have traction problems at all, and the prepping was about non existant. even with the stall these things will still hook damn good i'm impressed so far.
I got 1.72 60's out of my 555r's & strongly considered them for my new set up (went with mickey thompsons though).

for the average auto car, they are all you'll ever need.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got 1.72 60's out of my 555r's & strongly considered them for my new set up (went with mickey thompsons though).

for the average auto car, they are all you'll ever need.
what was your suspension setup? I'm hoping with the stall and lca's I can get some low 1.8's atleast.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
what was your suspension setup? I'm hoping with the stall and lca's I can get some low 1.8's atleast.
at that time, baseline street launch uppers, stock design CHE lowers.

stock shocks & springs.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
i wish 555R's weren't 300 a tire for 18's..****!

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
at that time, baseline street launch uppers, stock design CHE lowers.

stock shocks & springs.
well hopefully i can swing some low 1.8's with my che lowers and lowering springs then. I'll have stock uppers for a while as after this stage of mods i'll be dumping all my money into my '83. :tomato

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
i bet..i just love the 18's to much...so keepin them and getting 15's too...lighter too which helps

1 - 20 of 24 Posts