Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So after months and months of searching for the right car the opportunity came. And I got her! The good absolutely no rust garage kept car. Even came with the original 1968 mustang manual with original owners name and address and dealership name. The bad news is the passenger quarter panel looks like it has a bunch of little bumps on it don't know if it was dented previously and hammered out. Check the car out. I'm excited about restoring this one.

Registered
So after months and months of searching for the right car the opportunity came. And I got her! The good absolutely no rust garage kept car. Even came with the original 1968 mustang manual with original owners name and address and dealership name. The bad news is the passenger quarter panel looks like it has a bunch of little bumps on it don't know if it was dented previously and hammered out. Check the car out. I'm excited about restoring this one.
congrats! That is awesome..... great car Love it.

Lots of pics please馃槈

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
A build thread maybe in the next 2 months depending on what El Ni帽o does when it hits. Being an iron worker isn't so good when it rains. As for mods I have a rebuilt 351c that's been looking for an engine bay to fit in for quite a while so that's going to be its new power plant. For all you guys that have been doing this for a while. Where do you recommend I start? Engine or body?

He of Long Wind
A build thread maybe in the next 2 months depending on what El Ni帽o does when it hits. Being an iron worker isn't so good when it rains. As for mods I have a rebuilt 351c that's been looking for an engine bay to fit in for quite a while so that's going to be its new power plant. For all you guys that have been doing this for a while. Where do you recommend I start? Engine or body?
It all has to be done. Dive into whatever end of the pool you prefer.

Registered
If you want to drive it alot, I'd do the drivetrain, brakes, suspension and such so its reliable and comfortable. But as Mike said, whatever suits your fancy is as good a place to start as any.

A 351c would be nice, its not something you see alot of. You will likely need a new trans or at least a bellhousing to go with that.

Registered
I like your new coupe. Doing a 351c swap would be pretty Sick.

I loved mine, here is your cars older relative in 351c http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2127023/1967-ford-mustang/

Not the best shot, before I cleaned up a bunch of stuff and pulled that GIANT AC setup but good perspective. TKO500 Sitting behind it too. Full roller motor pulled like a 3 engine freight train.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts