Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Looks nice. You would not happen to know the max thickness of that thing would you and is there any chance it could be positioned off center? I'm about to go the same route and have been looking at simple and more complex controllers and I need to consider the thickness because of my SC crank pulley.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
USS Stonewall Jackson, SSBN 634. A boomer, cruising the world at 5 knots to nowhere! I was there until its last day at Puget Sound. I remember seeing the 591 there waiting to become razor blades as well.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Looks nice. You would not happen to know the max thickness of that thing would you and is there any chance it could be positioned off center? I'm about to go the same route and have been looking at simple and more complex controllers and I need to consider the thickness because of my SC crank pulley.
i pulled mine off of a newer imoprt car and they are maybe 3-4inch. thick

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
I got a 16" fan off of Ebay, supposedly pro-comp brand. It is only 3" thick and I still had to mount it towards the passenger side to clear my 12-rib SC pulley. I posted pics somewhere on the procharger build thread.

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forum...269-procharger-buildup-continued-100_2834.jpg

I'm not too sure it flows enough air though, seems like it is doing 2000 cfm at best and takes awhile to cool things down.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
I remember that thread and your pictures. I didn't know if you investigated the Taurus fan or not. I'll read it again. I see in these pics that he has a two core and I think you have a four core, I have a three core so I should have a little more space hopefully.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Yeah with a 3 core you should have enough room for a fan of 3.5 to 4 inches.

The stock ford fans draw way too much current for me to even consider. That dual fan draws like 40 AMPS !! Sounds like a really really inefficient design to me.

Flexalite makes a dual fan kit that is only 2 1/2 inches thick and pulls around 3000 cfm and only about 20 amps of current, of course you have to pay for it.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its 4.5" and you could offset one way or the other about 4-5" if you needed.

Reactions: nolife
1 - 12 of 12 Posts