Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread is going to cover my build that will take place over the next two to three months. My plan is to buy everything in the list below over the course of the next two and half months, one mod at a time. I will start with the most expensive items to get them out of the way. In this thread, I would like input on what I might need to add or subtract from the list. The goal for the car is to be very streetable. I WILL be taking this car to the track when the build is done and will work on getting into the 10's. I really do not want to start taking this thing to the track consistently UNTIL I have a daily driver. Anyways, here is the mod list...any input is welcome!

- Livernois 298ci Stroker Shortblock
- Livernois Stage II Heads
- Comp Beehive High Load Valve Springs
- Steel Retainers
- ARP Head Stud Kit
- GT500 Oil Pump
- Livernois MLS Head Gaskets
- 63# Injectors
- BGG Performance 8-Rib Kit with 3.20" Supercharger Pulley
- Meziere Electric Water Pump
- BMR K-Member
- BMR A-Arms
- Spydershaft

I will continue to update what is purchased and what will be purchased next as time goes on...shooting for 560-570rwhp with the 3.20" pulley and dependent upon the tranny holding up, I may throw the 3.00" pulley on there and shoot for ~580rwhp. I already found a killer deal on the Livernois Stage II Heads thanks to Rich, and will be purchasing them on Tuesday. Next up, Livernois shortblock!

·
Registered
277 Posts
My suggestion is sell me some things that you take off. Other than that everything looks good. Cant wait to see this build thread over the next few months. Bookmarking it now.

·
Registered
489 Posts
hope you got a roll cage on the agenda because at MIR you need one at 11.5 and less.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Does the shortblock already come with ARP Main bolts. You may want to put all new timing chain setup if your stock chains are alil stretched.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My suggestion is sell me some things that you take off. Other than that everything looks good. Cant wait to see this build thread over the next few months. Bookmarking it now.
I will have stock heads with upgraded valve springs and retainers already installed...someone wanting spr cams and doesnt want to do the work of installing the springs should pick them up...they can then sell their stock heads to make almost all the money back...

I will start a separate thread around December listing everything for sale...dont worry

·
Registered
277 Posts
I get dibs lol

·
Registered
277 Posts
Start fires? Eat babies? Take your mother, Dorothy Mantooth, out for a nice seafood dinner and never call her again?

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
I'd say scrap the Livernois shortblock based on the fact that your already interconnected and build your stock block.

Since you mentioned you didn't have a different (2nd) car yet, I'm assuming that's why your traveling the short block path - elmination of mass down time.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
hope you got a roll cage on the agenda because at MIR you need one at 11.5 and less
Exciting build. Good luck with it. Don't need to do the whole cage thing...roll bars will suffice and a lot less intrusive on the interior.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'd say scrap the Livernois shortblock based on the fact that your already interconnected and build your stock block.

Since you mentioned you didn't have a different (2nd) car yet, I'm assuming that's why your traveling the short block path - elmination of mass down time.
interconnected?

Im set on the shortblock

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
Id also like to be on the top of the list for parts that come off

Where are you all doing this at again? In texas or socal?

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
could you give me a hand with something really quick?

:spankit

:love

ahhhh never mind i got it

1 - 20 of 107 Posts