mods
70mm throttle body
cai
Upper plenum

debating on if i should keep or sell and get another one
hit a deer a while back so had to put new fender and door on
that why the color is off on passenger side

if i decide to keep it needs transmission work
and i have 4.10s and mac exhaust sitting in the garage still needing to be installed

Let me know what ya think

Pictures by Rpettyeoe1 - Photobucket

·
I <3 Boost
7,687 Posts
your seat belt must be in pain! :shiftyeyes

car looks good! what happened to the passenger side?

EDIT: oh wait... read the first post... reading is goood :eek:

·
Registered
470 Posts
Nice rims. and whats wrong with the tranny? If it has any sentimental value id keep it and put on that exhaust ASAP. Also is it an automatic? Cuz if its a manual 4.10's might be too much, 3.73's would be perfect but 4.10s are good for autos. Go get a bearing set and get them gears in too!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it is an auto....not really sure whats wrong with the tranny if i drive it easy every thing works fine....but if i get on her if doesent want to shift outa 1st,,,i have to let off then it will shift....then when i am up to speed sometimes when i kick down on it...it down shifts then just revs like its in not in gear....then some times it down shifts and take off just fine...and thanks i like the rims too

·
Registered
470 Posts
that blows u got an auto... ok forget everything i said go sell it and get a manual.Even sell the 4.10 gears and get some 3.73 then put in the MAC exhaust in your new 96 manual GT. Also i dunno if the auto tranny for our 96's have a clutch or torque converter but that could be the issue with your car instead of the tranny. Either way thats a costly repair so go sell it while it still works cuz auto trannys are probably way harder to work on then manuals!

Edit: Put back on the stock rims too if u sell it and save them bad boys for the next one!

·
I <3 Boost
7,687 Posts
just post a thread on your trans issue, theres a lot of hard core auto guys on here and im sure one of them will be able to point you in the right direction. just make sure you give a lot of details on the car and issue.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so you think it might the the converter??
thats better than the tranny....guess i need to have it looked at

i dont know what to do with her....i wanna keep it....but damn these things are money pits lol.....

·
Registered
470 Posts
unless u really enjoy driving an automatic muscle car i would stop wasting money on fixing that thing and take off all your mods get a 96 manual in good running condition and throw all your mods on that... then instead of spending your money to fix whats not working right u can spend that money to upgrade! i cant wait for the day im done fixing things that are broken or breaking and i can start dropping it into some upgrades! altho i did just get my magnaflow tru-x pipe so i guess im fixing/upgrading at the same time :p

·
I <3 Boost
7,687 Posts
ive never understood why someone would go through all the effort of taking everything off the car, selling it then re-installing on a new car just cause of a tranny. if youre gonna do all that work, find a totaled 5spd car, get your parts and do the swap.

·
Registered
508 Posts
ive never understood why someone would go through all the effort of taking everything off the car, selling it then re-installing on a new car just cause of a tranny. if youre gonna do all that work, find a totaled 5spd car, get your parts and do the swap.
^+1 :D

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah i think i may end up keeping her.....just gotta get this tranny thing figured out...the i want to lower it..do the suspension...then either PI swap or the FI route.....would like to get too around 300HP

·
I <3 Boost
7,687 Posts
i say keep the car and do your thing. youll lose money on it if you sell it, the door and fender dont match so thats a downer to a buyer. the car looks pretty clean. i say paint her, fix her, mod her.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah damn deer...lol.....took me forever to find that door and fender....because of the manual windows and locks...but i have a friend who paints cars so thats not an issue he will just charge me for supplies

1 - 20 of 45 Posts