Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, thanks to the deal Detailersdomain has going right now, I finally placed an order for some REAL detailing stuff! I ordered some good microfibers and The Uber Porter Cable 7424XP with Menzerna Polishes 16 oz Kit. Which includes the following:

1 - Porter Cable 7424XP Variable Speed Polisher
1 - Backing plate for PC (5 inch)
1 - Menzerna Power Gloss Compound (Compounding)
1 - Menzerna Power Finish PO203(Polish)
1 - Menzerna Super Finish PO106FA(Final Polish)
1 - Uber Orange Foam Pad 5.5 inch
1 - Uber Green Foam Pad 5.5 inch
1 - Uber Blue Foam Pad 5.5 inch
1 - Uber Black Foam Pad 5.5 inch
8 - Uber All Purpose MF Towels

as far as the microfibers go, i ordered the following:

Uber Classic Microfiber Towel Blue 25 x 36
Uber No Name Super Plush Microfiber Towel 16x 24
Adam's Double Soft Microfiber Towel
Uber "Black" Microfiber Towel
MicroRestore Microfiber Detergent Size: 32oz

oh yeah and some RAGGTOPP Fabric/Vinyl Cleaner

Goona attempt a full correction this weekend (on my car and my fiance's) if I get the stuff in time! I cant wait to try it all out

·
Registered
823 Posts
nice bro!! Welcome to the club!!! Have fun man!!

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Nice order man you should have picked up some yellow uber pads to use with power gloss. Also one pad of each kind is pushing it a bit when polishing I like to use two to three for each stage

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice order man you should have picked up some yellow uber pads to use with power gloss. Also one pad of each kind is pushing it a bit when polishing I like to use two to three for each stage
Good to know Danny. I will make another order! Thanks man

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
And it starts!!!!

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nice order. i wish porter cables werent so expensive :( i hate doing everything by hand, but i cant get one yet..
I never really minded doing it by hand until I got this car. I want the paint to be as close to perfect as I can get it and I just cant do it by hand.

And it starts!!!!
Hell yeah! Wish me luck...I will take some before/after and tape off an area to show the results. I think 95% of the swirling will come out and there is one small spot that has a little haze over it that I think I can get out. I may have to quit playing golf if I get into detailing and going to car shows all the time.

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
I would take on one car a weekend LOL

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would take on one car a weekend LOL
Well, I have all day Friday to do mine. I have a car show to take it to Saturday and I have all day Sunday to do my fiance's. If I dont finish, I've got all next week to mess around with it. I live in Augusta and I'm taking off the whole week for the Masters!

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My fiance called me this morning to inform me my order was delivered! Cant wait to get home and get started!

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
Hells yea...I FINALLY got my CG order in last night...

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hells yea...I FINALLY got my CG order in last night...
I cant stand waiting on orders...soooo impatient. Im waiting on my custom shift boot, ss bumper inserts, headlight covers, exhaust tips, and waiting to get it lowered Monday! Its killing me...at least I have something to keep me busy now until all the other stuff arrives. :D

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
I love ordering from Detailed Image...They do cost alittle more but they are in New York and my stuff gets here in two days...

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, Detailers Domain is great. I ordered the stuff Tuesday, standard shipping...it was supposed to arrive yesterday, but because of all the heavy rain it was delayed a day. Thats pretty damn fast from NY to GA. Just as fast a American Muscle and they are usually the fastest company I order from.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
that looks great man!

black cleans up the BEST! It's a LOT of work but in the end it's so worth it!

Why did you order so many different micro cloths? jw?

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Not to shabby my young padiwan.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Very nice job man! Did you ever get the extra uber pads including the yellow ubers?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts