Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Don't BAAAAH 'Til Goatsday
6,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the grinding gears problem while shifting (while cold and while running). No whine really only on start up.

So I finaly made a service appt after being on the phone with ford 2 times. Had the tech drive it and after the 2nd shift he goes and i quote " Holy ****. I would have marched my ass right back in here and demaned they fix this right now". So there keeping my car for a while there going to tear down the clutch housing/assembly and see if there is any real dammage to the tranny/ syncros.

All in all. Hey im cool with them fixing it for free they can take aslong as they want with it lol they gave me a SHO taurus as a loner

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
Lucky you I got a feista

Dont think he is the lucky one, more like you are the UNlucky one. They are supposed to put you in a car that is equivelent to what you drive now. They sent me to enterprise and was supposted to get a maxima/altima thingy but they were out so i got a 300... lol. Big boy.

·
Registered
24 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
It's good that the tech was able to verify so easily. How's the sho? I haven't gotten to drive one yet...

·
Registered
577 Posts
I think all of you are lucky. After i bought the car they slapped a sticker on my owners manual cover stating they didn't supply rentals. ( I never thought to ask) Then asked if I was going to give them a good review. I was like yeah right.. The sales manager said we could work something out if the need arises so I just told him to put it on paper and sign it. When I got the review I had no paper. He got the review he deserved. I guess the money out of his pocket wasn't worth it? Realistically if they have my car for two months they don't have to supply me with crap.

·
Yes, I am your Daddy
983 Posts
Coyote, you need to look over your warranty info then. The warranty states that they will supply me with a rental, roadside assistance, etc.. for 36k miles 3 years

·
Registered
199 Posts
I think all of you are lucky. After i bought the car they slapped a sticker on my owners manual cover stating they didn't supply rentals. ( I never thought to ask) Then asked if I was going to give them a good review. I was like yeah right.. The sales manager said we could work something out if the need arises so I just told him to put it on paper and sign it. When I got the review I had no paper. He got the review he deserved. I guess the money out of his pocket wasn't worth it? Realistically if they have my car for two months they don't have to supply me with crap.
If they have the car two months lemon that b*tch. Im MD 30 days out of service = lemon law claim and full refund.

·
Registered
52 Posts
How many miles did you have on your car before you started having the grinding problems? I have 3500 right now and so far so good.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Coyote, you need to look over your warranty info then. The warranty states that they will supply me with a rental, roadside assistance, etc.. for 36k miles 3 years
Since when do you get a rental with the basic warranty? I got the extended warranty which includes the rental but I wasn't aware the basic included that. Do you have documentation showing that?

·
Yes, I am your Daddy
983 Posts
I have the basic warranty and its in the paperwork the dealer gave me. Said I get 36k and 3 years of roadside assistance, towing, and a rental while its being repaired.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I have no such thing and was told it's the dealers discretion not Fords. I was told you had to buy the extended to get rental car service. At that price I could damn near replace my own engine and get my own rental.

My car hasn't been into the shop at all. I am planning on playing if it goes out just upgrade on your own warranty at this point. It's a big piece of mind after dealing with pos chevy last time around. I am just thinking of never having to hear, we can't duplicate the problem ever again. It will be 2 weeks while we wait on parts.. here is a base model impala, enjoy... etc etc. Plus you add what you want with a piece of mind that hey, the warranty is a big hassle anyway and I hate dealing with pompus jerks that have you by the short hairs.

·
Yes, I am your Daddy
983 Posts
well I guess i went to a good dealer to pick up my stang. Sadly, Im 500 miles away from that dealer now :(

·
6,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I bought it brand new with 106 miles on it lol. My car was made back in may 2010. I started to notice the grinding around 250 ish im at 1900 miles now. Looks like alot of the older mustangs are having that problem.

Just got the call today there replacing my hole clutch housing and gving me a new clutch. The plate was already 50% worne down. My tranny looks to be fine.

The SHO totaly is a beast. If it was a 6spd and under 50k I would have bought that instead of the 5.0.

·
6,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I got a call today and they basicly told me they have to order all parts witch could take up to 3 weeks. I stated right after that the new jersey Leamon law states you guys have 30 bussiness days ( including saterday) to fix the problem.

So Im not in a rush any way im going on vaction next week hoping when I come home in may that they will have the parts.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts