Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright guys...heres an update for those of whom have helped me ......my 88 is now up and running....my old motor had every bearing in it gone to bits....so now my new block is installed and she sounds great..only problem is the heater doesnt work now..theres like no power to it or something..fuse seems fine...and radio doesnt work now..did i just forget to plug something in..also i am looking for a new cluster i suppose i need the whole thing...all my gauges work, but my lights dont because i accidently tore the back of the circuit board. any ideas

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
Make sure the heater lines behind the manifold aren't loose or leaking any coolant. Power wire behind the radio unplugged? Its easy with an aftermarket head unit.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea everything looks fine..i dont know what happend..the radio worked before. and so didnt the heater..it never blew really hot...but at least the thing worked and u could hear it running. is the heater necessary to drive my car back from vt to mass....i know if the heat is on it keeps the motor colder right??

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea its been almost 4 years lol...ran into a little trouble..the headers looked like molton lava...the timing was off...but other then screwing with that forever....and then blowing the spark plugs...we fianlly got her running..just in time to...while i was up in vt. my cavalier broke down..now im swapping plates over

1 - 5 of 5 Posts