Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 8 years, a 147k, numerous trips to the track, and lots of aggressive driving. I'm finally upgrading the rear suspension.

I just had put a 8 point roll bar and subframes in my car last month. So hope I this helps me in the 60' area
Here's what I just ordered.

I went with Laurel Mt. mustang solid Motor mounts. CHP adjustable upper and solid lower control arms. and I'm going to dump my exhaust at the same time.

I also ordered a new passenger side mirror since mine is busted.

Here's a link and a couple pics.

CH Engineering: 99-04 New Edge Mustang Parts » 99-04 Mustang Rear Control Arms

I ordered a set of Energy Suspension Differential Carrier Bushing. It says it's for the cobra but I crossed referenced at energy suspensions web site and it's the same part number.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Looks good. I haven't seen that company before. They look like they have good stuff, and good prices too, bookmarked for sure.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks good. I haven't seen that company before. They look like they have good stuff, and good prices too, bookmarked for sure.
If you go on ebay it's even less.

I wasn't even aware of the company until a couple days ago. But searched around a few of the bigger forums and so far everyone seams to be very happy with them. I also really like how the bushings on the lowers are designed.

HOW DO THEY WORK?

Steel Crush Sleeve: The crush sleeve not only maintains a fixed mounting point on the vehicle, but also acts as a smooth bearing race for the Delrin. Delrin Bearing: Delrin is an Acetyl Nylon material with low friction properties. The Delrin Bearing is designed to rotate around the crush sleeve providing smooth, low friction, squeak free operation. Polyurethane Bushing: The polyurethane bushing is designed to absorb shock and allows the axle to move through its complex range of motion without harsh binding or torque box damage. Because the poly bushings remain fixed without rotating, there are no annoying squeaks. We carefully select the proper hardness to provide maximum performance and prevent binding and damage.
Our Polyurethane bushings are engineered and manufactured specifically for our products ensuring optimal performance for any driving or racing style.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Sweet. They are on my list. After my stall goes in, I will need to start upgrading suspension, I like that axle brace they got, looks mean as hell.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts