Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Yall I Just got back from Iraq and now I have finally gotten my dream car:

A 2003 MUSTANG 5SPD GT.

It has all new CLANTON BUILT (Robert Clanton of Clanton Muffler Center in Madison, Alabama) Stainless dual exhaust with hi-flo Cats and Flowmaster Muffs.

Its got 3:73 Gears and I just Hyperteched it with a new MAX ENERGY Programmer.

Anything I should know? this is my First Modular car and it is stock save for the gears.

Here are a few pics:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Im putting a sequential Tailight kit and new headlight assemblies on it as soon as they get here...itll look alittle better with the new headlights. :) :cool:

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
first of all man..thanks for protecting our freedom..glad your home ok though..and congrat on the car its nice man..do your basics..cold air intake,throttle body and plenum,short throw shifter,pullies if your not going supercharger anytime soon and make sure there not piggy back..get steeda or frpp..then start doing your suspension..upper and lower control arms..get the ford c springs that lower your car about an inch in front and 1.5 in the back..performance shocks..then do full exhaust,headers,off road h pipe,and either 40 series flowmaster exhaust with 3.5 inch tips..

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Dropped!

Glad to do it:usa

I have a cold air intake that goes through the Pass side fender....It looks aftermarket and Im pretty sure it is...

I bought the car as you see it, so Im still not sure of everything that has been done to it, but the body and interior are IMMACULATE and it has 75,000 miles on it, drives like new :D

Pulleys sound like a good idea. No need for supercharger, right now Im just glad I got the stocker! Ive wanted a 5spd Mustang my whole life :D

Daniel

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
...then start doing your suspension..upper and lower control arms..get the ford c springs that lower your car about an inch in front and 1.5 in the back..performance shocks..then do full exhaust,headers,off road h pipe,and either 40 series flowmaster exhaust with 3.5 inch tips..
I saw an Eibach kit that was supposed to do the same thing....it was coilover... Im looking more at a Street car than anything else...I dont like the stance and theres alot of body roll in the curves....

Daniel

·
Rebel Of The Sacred Heart
2,338 Posts
+1 Thank you!

Yes THANK YOU very much, and to all the other mm members in the armed forces i say thank you also!

And congrats on getting your stang!

·
Registered
87 Posts
I saw an Eibach kit that was supposed to do the same thing....it was coilover... Im looking more at a Street car than anything else...I dont like the stance and theres alot of body roll in the curves....

Daniel
I bought the Eibach for my daily driver and I like them. Looks good rides good.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Thanks! Im putting a sequential Tailight kit and new headlight assemblies on it as soon as they get here...itll look alittle better with the new headlights. :) :cool:
Get the new fog lights..when i got my new headlights the fog lights really stood out in a BAD way.

·
Registered
927 Posts
grats

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Rebel Pony.

Thanks for the job you do in Iraq. Glad you made it back home here in Alabama. BTW I love the tag on the front of your car!
So bring that thing to Gilbert and Baker ford in Albertville and lets start modding the hell out of it. I have a customer with an 01 gt that I have began modding his car. He asks what I think he needs I tell him, he orders it and every thursday for the last month he has shown up with parts for me to put on his car. I will even get you put in a loaner car if need be, while your car is under the knife. My shop forman is retired from the Marines so I could probably get you a discounted labor rate.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Rebel Pony.

Thanks for the job you do in Iraq. Glad you made it back home here in Alabama. BTW I love the tag on the front of your car!
So bring that thing to Gilbert and Baker ford in Albertville and lets start modding the hell out of it... ...My shop forman is retired from the Marines so I could probably get you a discounted labor rate.
Thanks to you too!

The Confederate Battle Flag is a symbol of my Southern American Heritage. As long as we remember that and keep it flying as a symbol of Southern Heritage and not a centerpiece for hate and racism it will fly forever. :rockon

I will have to come and see you sometime, theres not much I want to do right now, except the suspension... I spent most of my funds on the car itself...lol

Daniel

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
glad to see you made it home. congrats to you and the new ride. be careful with mods tho.....its a disease that spreads and gets worse :D.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I know Ive already caught it, but my wife is working on a cure... :spank :nuts

LOL She was SOOOO glad to see my Fox go, it was a mod monster waiting to happen. Instead I spent money on this one. :D

Daniel

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
awesome car man congrats!! if i were you i'd get some eibach lowering springs and a short throw shifter as the first mods. it will make it handle better and funner to drive!

1 - 20 of 72 Posts