Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
done with the swap, drove it a few days ago and its running really lean. how lean is normal for this swap since my compression went up. if i just drive my idle will surge a bit after its warmed up. if i gear down to slow down and press the clutch, once the rpms fall its stalls. ??? im getting a tuner on monday

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
Compression ratio should have ZERO effect on air-fuel ratio. If it's running lean, there's a problem.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my k&n filter was over oiled at one point, do you think it contaminated my o2 sensors and my maf

·
:)
11,583 Posts
i always wondered why people did PI swaps. Aren't the PI swaps lacking, seeing as to how they're just stock parts from 99-04's? why not get something better?

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
i always wondered why people did PI swaps. Aren't the PI swaps lacking, seeing as to how they're just stock parts from 99-04's? why not get something better?
because it adds about 35 hp just by doing a pretty simple stock-for-stock swap.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
pi parts flow better.... PI (power improved).. and its quite cheap these days

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Yes its possible that your MAF is fowled. I'd check it and make sure you didn't mess up the PCV valve or anything like that.

As for the PI question. Untill a couple months ago there was nothing better. You could only port your PI heads and use that. And seeing how you can get a PI swap for a few hundred bucks. Its a damn good swap for the money, especially since you can just get them ported by your own shop if you really want to for less.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts