Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my V3 non cooled kit installed and running. Sounded good ran good...untill I was in 3rd doing a solid test pull and the engine shutdown and I got the engine light, no DTC's. At first the car did not want to even turn over. Let it sit for a couple min. and then it would crank but not start. Cranking sounded good so I do not feel there is any internal damage. But I would not get any sound from the fuel pump. I think I may have blown a fuse on the fuel pump or fried the pump it self. I have the BAP on it, and when I took the white wires and conected them just to see if the pump would prime and I got no sound. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
116 Posts
did you use the vortech pump? or just the BAP? have you checked your fuses and relays?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Check your plumbing out to be sure that nothing came apart while in boost. Had a similar situation and ended up being one of the tubes blew off.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just have the BAP
I have checked the plumbing and it is ok.
I have not had a chance to check any electrical yet. I thoughts are 3/4 possible problems:
Fuse or relay popped
Pump popped
or
The BAP fried the wire going to the fuel pump.

I bet the fuse/relay or fried wire is the most likely. It just suck balls! Took 7 hours to install and 15 min of fun. I hope it turns out to be a no big deal problem.

I will not have a chance to look at the car untill tomorrow, My uncle is coming over and he knows wiring and is a good troubleshooter.

On the BAP...the 2 red wire on thge BAP that connect to the white wire on the pump control in the trunk, just to make sure, the red wire withOUT the inline fuse goes to the white wire still connected to the quick connect and the Red BAP wire WITH the inline fuse connects to the white wire that gets cut away from the quick connect....right?

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Try the fuel pump inertia reset switch on the driver's side kick panel. It's a red button.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I guess if you have to you could call Brenspeed first thing monday and ask them.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Also here's a link to a great BAP install with photos. If your following the Brenspeed instructions, they leave a bit to be desired, check this on out. Hope this does not violate the forum rules as this is from another site, sorry !

Hope this helps !

Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump install (w/pics) - MustangForums.com

·
Registered
68 Posts
Try to flash your PCM back to stock to see if it will run at all. I had a similar issue with my Paxton. It did not run as long as yours but by returning it to the factory tune i was able to isolate the issue down to the Diablo AIR to AIR tune the Paxton kit shipped with.

Don't drive it that way just see if it will run

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Also here's a link to a great BAP install with photos. If your following the Brenspeed instructions, they leave a bit to be desired, check this on out. Hope this does not violate the forum rules as this is from another site, sorry !

Hope this helps !

Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump install (w/pics) - MustangForums.com
:eek:SON OF A BIT**!! I bet that is the Fu**** deal!!! I had 10 min today and I flashed the ecu to stock (I did not try to crank it) and I pulled all the fuses. I found 1 15amp fuse popped. And it is in the same location as the 30amp in the pictures. I did not read that I needed to replace the fuse:sorry with a 30amp! I will chang this in the morrning and I hope nothing worse happened to the car than just a popped fuse. I will fire it in the morrning and hope for a smooth running car....

On the plus side I do have the BAP wired correct:yes. Excellent info and help from all you guys!

I will let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Good luck man ! hope the fuse is what is ended up being. :yes

Let us know

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
lol. I had a long night so I did not get up until 1 pm. Well changed the fuse and cleaned up the BAP install and fired her up. She came to life like nothing happened, the gadges did not work for about 15 seconds, but they came on and read correctly so I gave a sigh of releif. Took it for a ride, warm her up, then gave a 1st gear pull to 6K shifted to 2nd and pulled to 6K, nothing but a healthy exhaust note from my screamen demon. She feels good and much stronger up top, but nice and mild, stock like, around town. I LOVE IT! This tune from Brenspeen feels better than my old NA tune, strange. I'm not talking power wise, but smoothness and crispness.

I will go get some times from the track when I have another Friday off....Stay tuned!

·
Registered
84 Posts
It sounds like a fusses or relay problems, i had the same problem with my car the last friday nigth and it was the fusse of the boost a pump, so you have to check the fusses and realys no more. And you have not dtc´s

Try the fuel pump inertia reset switch on the driver's side kick panel. It's a red button. Like Anthony says

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
It sounds like a fusses or relay problems, i had the same problem with my car the last friday nigth and it was the fusse of the boost a pump, so you have to check the fusses and realys no more. And you have not dtc´s

Try the fuel pump inertia reset switch on the driver's side kick panel. It's a red button. Like Anthony says
Dude, read 2 post up. He already figured it out and is driving it now :yes

·
Registered
335 Posts
Glad to hear you got it going !

Have fun :D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts