Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, I found a 1996 SVT Cobra with 137k, tune up but overheats, could be the waterpump. clean black car with 410s. He wants 3000, Im gonna give him 2500 do you think its worth it?

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
I would be afraid to buy anything that has problems with overheating. Depending on how many times it has overheated, its weakinging the engine every time. I would keep looking, you can find some sweet deals on cars with no issues...

·
Forever in our hearts travis_afx
4,391 Posts
If you can get it for $2,500 and the paint and interior isn't just a complete basket case then I would go for it. Would be a great project. Those SN95 Cobras are so sexy and really make a great platform for any type of performance/racing. Worst case scenario is you have to rebuild the motor. As long as you aren't looking at this for a daily driver then do it.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
he is fixing the waterpump, just started this last week. He said 2200

·
Forever in our hearts travis_afx
4,391 Posts
Yeah $2200 I'd do it for a project car if you have the cash.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
I'd do $2200. Chances are it probably has an air bubble in the cooling system and wasn't burped properly. That or water pump.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ohh the irony. Im driving to go pay for her now guys. Pics soon

·
Banned
416 Posts
Cool deal dude. $2200 is worth it, even with a shot engine, as long as you aren't planning on daily driving it. I bought mine for $4k with 160k miles on it, but I did a compression test on the engine myself, before doing it and it was in perfect condition inside and out. I also bought mine from the original owner who was a 61 year old Romanian lady and it was garage kept so I knew she took good care of it and it wasn't beaten on daily. You can tell a lot about the car just by looking at the owner lol.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yes I have; she is a great car. Has 136K on the cluster, a borla catback(same as my GT) and also 4.10 gears and an aftermarket clutch that can kill a mule.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Lowering springs NOOOWWWW

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
my god I know right, im searching for a used set cause im broke now but she cant be driven like that

·
Photoshop Junkie
1,445 Posts
Nice buy! A sixer with the same miles goes for double that price here.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks man. Its gonna be a fun summer Modding her

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Nice buy.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you

·
11.5:1 or GTFO
12,899 Posts
Wow, wish I could have found some deals like this when I was car shopping. Nice buy!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts