Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to get the car dynoed to get a base line..is their anything specific I should ask like af ratio or something along those lines?

·
I smell like beef
5,580 Posts
Inquire about anything you wish. My tuner does the driving on the dyno. The first time it was pretty shocking to see someone beat the piss out of your car - be prepared for that.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Ask what type of dyno he is using. Ask what type of correction factor he is using. There are two: SAE and STD (sometimes called STP). STD shows higher results than SAE. Mustang Dynos use only SAE. Either ask what the raw numbers are or else find out what the correction factor is. The correction factor is used to standardize numbers from different locations. It is a multiplier. A correction factor greater than 1 (such as 1.02) means your numbers were corrected upward 2%. A correction factor less than 1 ( such as .98) means your numbers were corrected downward by 2%. He might check your air-fuel ratio. If he does find out what it is.

Since you are baselining your car you need to know how the horsepower is calculated. If he uses STD correction for your baseline, you then mod the car and get a second dyno with SAE correction you will be disappointed. If the reverse happens you will be reporting on the forum some impossible but awesome horsepower gain you made. You will then be disappointed when everyone tells you it wasn't possible. If you baseline in STD then you need to check further improvements with STD. If you baseline in SAE the same is true.

·
I Need More Power!!!
464 Posts
Inquire about anything you wish. My tuner does the driving on the dyno. The first time it was pretty shocking to see someone beat the piss out of your car - be prepared for that.
Shelbydog, did you get ur car dyno'd in Oklahoma?

·
I Need More Power!!!
464 Posts
Yes. In hennessey at D & G Mustang Dyno. Give Dwayne a call, he's a cool guy.
Thanks, closest I heard of was Dallas Mustang and Gearheads in Arlington

1 - 6 of 6 Posts