Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi folks,

I'm kinda noob and want to know which mods for my 1998 3.8 auto.
my mods so far: lowering springs (german branded) & tokico HP blues, MAC catback true dual, CAI, b&m hammer shifter, drilled/slotted brake discs on front.

..prolly headers are not an option because I'm in Germany - think its too loud and stuff but I don't know for sure..

so, next mod I thought are 3.73 gears.. but what else I could get for lower $$? Ported/polished upper intake? underdrive pulleys? or what else?

and what do you think about these things?

eBay Motors: MAC 94-97 MUSTANG 3.8L V6 DIRECT REPLACEMENT HEADERS (item 290217017500 end time Apr-01-08 19:04:17 PDT)
("MAC 94-97 MUSTANG 3.8L V6 DIRECT REPLACEMENT HEADERS")

eBay Motors: BBK 1548 94-98 V6 MUSTANG 56MM THROTTLE BODY ASSEMBLY (item 290217018484 end time Apr-02-08 18:24:07 PDT)
("BBK 1548 94-98 V6 MUSTANG 56MM THROTTLE BODY ASSEMBLY")

......also thought about split port swap,

CRT RACING PERFORMANCE |

also found some shops they offers ported & polished lower and upper single port intakes - suggested with 56mm throttle body..

now whats the better thing? split port swap or polished/ported single with 56mm throttle?

...and still have this in mind - the split port fits under the stock 98 hood? cus I know the windstar intake won't fit under stock 98 hoods....

....I dont want a highdollar race-car or anything..

thanks,

-Kev

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
the best thing?? honestly a ported and polished split port swap... two birds, one stone...

don't get the Throttle body, its a waste of time with out more horse power first...

gears wouldn't hurt though get some more acceleration, but your not going to get more Horsepower

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
if you are going to do gear do a t-lok also and then get a tuner. And a split port swap is in you best interest. Talk to itschristorres.

+1 OMZ pp split-port swap = nice

or pp split port heads with windstar upper and pp lower

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
hey man ... ported and polished intakes AND a split port swap is good for 50 horse power at the crank man... and if you were to get a cam while you were at it... 60 or more horse power at the wheels

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
its expensive yes...but great power/money ratio. Only problem is you pretty much have to take the entire engine apart to do heads/upper/lower intake/cam

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, depends on $$ ;) you know something bout this?
...and still have this in mind - the split port fits under the stock 98 hood? cus I know the windstar intake won't fit under stock 98 hoods....

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
yeah, depends on $$ ;) you know something bout this?
yes it will fit no problem the windstar doesn't fit cause of where the TB is located... not cause its a split port

i have been looking to get the pp split port from chris. What is the cost for installation though on that?
what ever it costs to have your head gaskets replaced...

·
Banned
837 Posts
when I stay single-port - what can I do without supercharger or turbo?

I searched a bit on here about ported and polished intakes (upper and lower).. what do you think?
where are you located I know of a supercoupe engine for sale around Roanoke VA for local pickup only , probably pick it up for $400

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
My friend is installing my P&P heads, intakes, and cam for $150 =]. Its good to have friends that are mechanics

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
My friend is installing my P&P heads, intakes, and cam for $150 =]. Its good to have friends that are mechanics
does he have any friends in southwest missouri?
lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts