Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still pretty amped up and I have been home for 2 hours... I need more grip. I also need to learn how to get my reaction times down. I ran 20 times and my average R/T is about .32... also my 60' times are bad, average about 2.15.
My best run was... .198 R/T,2.166 60', 12.74 1/4mile. Hell even the guy on the PA was giving me crap for spinning so much... it was fun catching people once I hooked up....
I guess I just need more practice to learn how the fundamentals of drag racing and get any tips I can get from you all.
Over all it was the most fun I have had in a long time and my car had zero issues so it was a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I'm going to be going for the first time on friday! I'm psyched too! Did you warm your tires up before each run? What RPM were you launching at?

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ran warmed and not and around the water and through it... I tried everything... same for the launch RPM everywhere between 1500 and 3500.
I ran on BFG G-Force DR's at 28psi

·
Registered
509 Posts
you should put ur tires down to 15 or 16 i ahve 20inch dR and got a 1.8 60ft

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
good numbers, but could be much better. Definately need to drop your tire psi. Track prep has alot to do with it to. I've been to well prepped track and poorly prepped track, i plays a HUGE role in you times.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Congrats on the first time out, Maybe next time lower your air pressure so you can launch harder than that without much wheel spin.
Also not positive but I think o5kbcharged launches in 2nd gear

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
congrats man my first time racing was this weekend too
of course i didn't have to worry so much about spinning my pirrellis hold my massive amounts of hp pretty well :)
but just practice launching a different rpms to see where you get the best launch at
thats the best advice i can give you lol

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Don't worry to much about your reaction time. Try and practice your launch first. Once you got that down then you can work on your reaction. Good luck

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This was the last sunday racing till fall... wednesday is the first grudge night... I am going to go make a few more runs with lower tire pressure... that makes sence to me... just have to fill them back up before I get on the street

·
Registered
68 Posts
Don't worry to much about your reaction time. Try and practice your launch first. Once you got that down then you can work on your reaction. Good luck
go to Thunder Valley much? i was there Friday night! had a blast... didnt run my car though, to long of a wait and they had to clean the track way to much. all the chevys were falling apart!

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
ah i can't wait to get this tour over with and get back into a new and improved car. feel lucky you are able to even spin your tires at a track. my car is sitting in my brothers garage while i'm in the desert. i'll be coming back to a kb and probably a bottom end also. i'll be using my mt et streets still. with just a cai and tune i was dropping them to 15 psi and dropping the hammer at 5 grand. the thing launched like a mad man. of course i won't be able to do that with a stock tranny after the upgrades.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I am still pretty amped up and I have been home for 2 hours... I need more grip. I also need to learn how to get my reaction times down. I ran 20 times and my average R/T is about .32... also my 60' times are bad, average about 2.15.
My best run was... .198 R/T,2.166 60', 12.74 1/4mile. Hell even the guy on the PA was giving me crap for spinning so much... it was fun catching people once I hooked up....
I guess I just need more practice to learn how the fundamentals of drag racing and get any tips I can get from you all.
Over all it was the most fun I have had in a long time and my car had zero issues so it was a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon
Gettin a 12.74 on a 2.16 60 is incredible. In the UK, I hit a 1.78 60 and still ran 13.22:sorry

·
Registered
37 Posts
Like black05 said, make sure you really heat those drag radials up. Spin them hard for 5-6 seconds. When I had them on my 01 GT, if you didnt really heat em up well they werent much better than street tires but when you really get them hot (smoke the **** out of them) I could drop it at like 4500, and get zero wheelspin. It would just crack my neck.

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I still gotta drive it home.. I am going to drop it to 20 psi and heat them up and see what I get... then drop to 15 if that dosen't work... I beat a GTO that killed me off the line... three or four car lengths when I hooked and just nipped him at the finish line.. it was sweet when I was catchin him... man was he pissed... the Pontiac club was there and I smoked them all... sept for the TT TA. He ran a 10.98

1 - 20 of 20 Posts