Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have similar threads on a few other forums that I've been updating somewhat regularly over the past six months but I like to cast a wide net as far as soliciting input (and shamelessly plugging my videos).

I picked up a 1988 Mustang GT in late January. I've wanted a fox body for a long time. The first Mustang I ever rode in was a fox body. The first Mustang I ever drove was a fox body. I’ve been a huge fan of these cars since I was a teenager and always wanted to own one. I also wanted a project car that I could tinker with and build up and mod and learn on. I've been making time for that experience whenever I have had free weekends over the past almost six months. I've been partially documenting my progress through videos on my YouTube channel and I am always open to suggestions either through these types of threads or through comments on the videos.
IMG-8367.jpg

Obviously it's quite a bit of a different driving experience than my 2014 GT but the times I've driven it, it's been a blast. Here's my other GT, which I bought brand new in 2014:
IMG-6967b34.jpg

I'd like to think I've made a fair amount of progress thus far. To date I've fixed the horn (mostly), replaced the alternator power cable and battery cables, cleaned up some rust underneath the battery tray, around the hood hinge cups, and on the driver side shock tower, and a few other small things I can't think of at the moment. I'm currently trying to replace the brake master cylinder, which I'm hoping to have done soon.

Anyways, I'd like it to eventually be sort of a resto-mod cruiser/occasional track day car. Here's a link to my initial YouTube video on the Fox Body (I've made about 20 videos documenting the progress and ups and downs so far). Cheers.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My most recent efforts involve trying to replace my brake master cylinder but it has been challenging. Here's my latest:

I went ahead and ordered the Motive power bleeder, which arrived this week. Going to visit family for a few days so I’m planning to get back to the fox and get this brake issue fixed early next week.
IMG-3162.jpg

These quad shocks arrived this week too and fingers crossed that my Koni parts arrive soon. It would be nice to get the brakes sorted, install all new shocks and struts and drive the car some.
IMG-3179.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Finally managed to finish up the brake master cylinder saga after multiple setbacks...latest video/explanations are here:

Looking forward to driving the car again for a week or two and then getting started on suspension upgrades.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Finally took some time to start working on the suspension this past weekend. Finished up installing the struts but still need to make time to do the rear shocks and quad shocks.

Weirdest/most time consuming part about the strut install was definitely repurposing the dust boot upper retainers.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Suspension upgrades continue....this past weekend I finished up the sway bar end links on the front and installed Koni rear shocks and Gabriel (OEM-ish) quad shocks. Love the improved feel. Car would definitely benefit from some new wheels and tires though. Hopefully coming in the not too distant future.
IMG-4162.jpg
IMG-4178.jpg
IMG-4204 (1).jpg

Latest video documenting the process with some other updates

1 - 5 of 5 Posts