Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just detailed my car using a borrowed Flex xc3401, Adam's severe swirl remover, fine machine polish, and machine super wax. O.K I spent ~14hrs on Saturday washing, claying, compounding, polishing and waxing. I almost quit after two passes on a test section. The Adams severe swirl remover basically did nothing. I still have water spots, swirls, scratches, and light oxidation. The polish and wax did add a nice shine but the underling problems are still there. I just ordered a Porter Cable 7424XP with Menzerna Polishes Kit. I know the PC isn't as good as the Flex, but I can't afford one or keep borrowing this one. I hope the Menzerna does A LOT better then the Adam's BS. I took before and after pics and will add them as soon as I can get this pos laptop to work so
I can get some advice. I probably should have asked for advice before I ordered new ****, but memorial day discount + beer + impatience and now I am looking for advice:) I tried to update my original post but
I couldn't(the beer might have some part of that too)

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Get some pics! I will be in Holiday either tomorrow or Thursday if you wold like me to come look at it or give you some samples of other products to try.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
The Menzerna PCXP kit Phil sells is a great, I am sure you will get better results with it man. If only you had a better compound when you had the 3401, oh well.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Get some pics! I will be in Holiday either tomorrow or Thursday if you wold like me to come look at it or give you some samples of other products to try.
Hey man thanks' for the offer but I'm slamed at work all this week and weekend. Let me know when your in town again maybe we can hook up( in a non homo way lol)

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
Pics!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can't upload pics. I haven't uploaded pics before. I read the FAQ's, Still no luck, I just keep getting an upload error. What am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
I can't upload pics. I haven't uploaded pics before. I read the FAQ's, Still no luck, I just keep getting an upload error. What am I doing wrong?
Photobucket man you upload them there first then copy and paste the URL

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
I'm going to edit your post but if you use the IMG tags it will display the picture in the thread. On Photobucket to the right you'll see a box that says "Share this Photo", click and copy the one that says "IMG Code". It will automatically copy the link for you and than you can paste it here.

Of course you can always use the direct IMG link and click on the icon that looks like a mountain with a yellow sky directly above the box where your typing your posts.

Now about your issues... That's pretty rough. What Menzerna polishes did you order? If you would of said something before I would of recommended the Meguiars Microfiber Correction kit because of the ease of use. Depending on the Menzerna polishes you picked up I might be willing to buy them off of you and you could go for the Meguiars Microfiber Correction Kit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts