Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up the stang from the dealer today with the new FRPP 3.73 gears installed. Of course it was raining so I could'nt get on it but I could still tell a difference, I think I'm going to be very happy on the first sunny day. Only problem was the check engine light came on during the short trip home. I called the dealer and they think its cause they adjusted the pcm for the new gear. They said they had Roush on the phone when they did it. Anyway they're going to take care of it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
What do you want to know? The experience itself was kinda painless except for the bill at the end. I ordered the gears and install kit form Late Model Restoration and then had my local ford dealer install it. Can't really tell to much yet about the difference in the car because of the weather here but it sure seemed like it had more pep during the short ride home. On the wet roads anything more than a gentle tap of the skinny pedal sent the rear tires screamin. I plan on takin it to the track when the weather breaks.

·
Registered
124 Posts
The dealer installed parts you brought with you? I'm in NY too, I was going to use Sayville Ford on LI. What did they charge you for the install?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm in upstate, near binghamton. Feduke Ford charged me $70 an hour labor. Came to $500 but I think it's worth it since they did the work I get a 12 month 12,000 mile warranty on the work. They flashed the pcm to correct the speedo also.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Congrats, don't go to a dealer to have it done since there's a long complicated warranty process that you'll go through, I say go to a respectable shop, had my gears installed with a lifetime warranty on the work and they through in an install kit and labor for under $400

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
congrats

1 - 12 of 12 Posts