Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My car is a 2002 GT Convertible 5 spd

I just ordered my new mods today .. and they should be here at the end of the week. I'm estimating about 240-260RWHP with them.. tell me if i'm wrong.. or what i should be making with these:

K&N CAI
AccuFab 70mm Throttle Body with Plenum
DiabloSport Tuner
SLP Ceramic Long-Tube Headers (going to run straight pipe all the way back)
4.10 Gears

Bought them at american muscle . com

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
That's in the general area of things. One of the most important questions for future advice, what are your ultimate goals?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd prefer to make another 100hp. about 350-400RWHP.. i think that's about the limit for these SOHC 4.6s right? I've heard that the only way to get to 400 is FI though.. i'd like to stay all motor.. i saw a block on lethal performance thats a 5.0 block.. but i didn't think it would work .. because i think it's for the DOHC engines.. i'd like to get to 5.0.. any suggestions? but ultimately 350-400rwhp is my goal as of now.. N/A.. or hell to beat a 2004 Vette Z06.. they're at 405hp.

I just need to know what to do.. i'd prefer not to have to buy the DOHC 4.6 because that puts me in the general stock Cobra class.. and i'd like to just try to make the fastest 99-04 GT .. or you know.. a fast one haha.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
That straight pipe is gonna sound like ass man. 350rwhp N/A is gonna cost a lot of $$$$$ Buy a nitrous kit or a blower when you can.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
The only way to get that kind of power n/a is to buy the best heads, cams, and intake on the market. You're talking a few grand just in parts to get you right around 350whp maybe. These cars don't make **** for power n/a because..well because it's a tiny ****in motor! I'm one of the people who learned the only and cheapest way to make around 400 hp is to do a centrifugal supercharger setup like a vortech or a procharger. Honestly don't waste your money elsewhere unless you plan on spraying it. Spray on a h/c/i 2v could make the power you're asking for.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
That straight pipe is gonna sound like ass man. 350rwhp N/A is gonna cost a lot of $$$$$ Buy a nitrous kit or a blower when you can.
He's right it will have no tone and be ridiculously loud. Like you won't want to drive your car loud. If you're willing to dump the cash on some of the most expensive lt headers on the market, just get the midpipe and catback to go with it. I had the LM1 but they were a little too raspy even with the slp catted x. I currently have magnapacks because it's a much deeper throatier tone, like the LM2's. Just a few suggestions man, you're gonna want a full exhaust system for best power and sound.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i have some FlowMaster mufflers on it right now that i could use.. possible to just custom make an X pipe and use those mufflers? I kind of stupidly spent my pay load on that set up there haha..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm hoping so .. i hear they're the best first mod to get. I'm just wondering how i'm going to do this header situation. I can make some X pipes and put on Flowmaster mufflers. But i don't know too much about buying all that mid pipe stuff..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
its not too much $315.00 but it comes catted.. i guess that's the route i have to go in order to make it legal haha.. well i guess i'm doing that then..so it says with the SLP long tube headers.. that the SLP Shorty Xpipe thats catted goes it with.. and after that? Just your mufflers and such? Is that the best route for HP? I'd definitely like to make some side exhaust. So the X pipes then i can make it go out the side? would i have clearance issues?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Drag? Street? Road Race/Autocross? Drift? You can't do **** with 350+ rwhp and your 4 link system in the back.

·
Nile P. Pezdel of Pez Dispenser Inc. CCA
5,502 Posts
Well, he could drag race, but he may want to consider tires at some point, huh? 4.10s make most cheapo street tires feel like they are riding on ice without appropriate suspension work.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The price of long tubes + the gains u get = ass! its not worth it IMO. its def the last thing on the mod list for me

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah i didn't think of that.. but may main goal was to let my car breathe better.. so thats why i went with doing a lot of intake and exhaust stuff..and i didn't read that it's usually the last mod people do until yesterday haha.. but you have to add the 4.10s haha.. and i guess my next thing will be suspension for a while.. So Eibach or something different? and really.. honestly there isn't that many tracks around here.. just a 1/8 mile drag strip.. so really i guess it's for my own entertainment/bragging rights and to run at the strip every now and then.. to be quite honest. To run with faster cars in a GT is more mind blowing than say.. a stock Cobra running beside a vette.. you know??

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I was honestly looking at suspension while picking out parts.. but i have this nasty habit of trying to create the best HP for the amount of money i have.. the cam i want required a lot more mods than i was ready to buy.. i don't like the stage 1 thing.. i have no idea why.. just like the idea of stage 2 or better.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts