Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a small update but today i blacked out my emblems and decklid with Black Plasti-Dip. turned out great. i like it alot.

let me know what you think.

·
Premium Member
11,663 Posts
Took you long enough. Geez.

No finished pic of the fender emblem? That last one is kinda far away.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Took you long enough. Geez.

No finished pic of the fender emblem? That last one is kinda far away.
lol. yeah, only took me a whole day. :) i guess i just forgot to take an upclose shot of the 5.0. geeme a few, i'll post it.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Looks good. I actually was really into plasti dip until I started hating on it when it started peeling and you couldn't really wash it. DipYourCar has a video on how to wash plasti dipped cars but it still isn't the same.

I originally dipped my stock wheels/front grille/rear badge. It's just PITA taking them off.......lots of rubbing and lots of Goo Gone.

This is how I did my rear badge...and maybe you might like it this way better?

This way the chrome GT really comes out. Just a suggestion. From the looks of it, you know what you are doing and it looks very neat.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i really like how the decklid came out...

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
I pressure washed my wheels to get it off. Problem solved lol.

·
Registered
832 Posts
^haha yes very true. They do work.

OP, not trying to jack the thread, but this is what happens when you have too much free time and get plasti dip crazy Lol!

Very ricey and just cheap looking. I'm sooo happy they are all gone except for the one in the rear badge:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
haha, im not gonna go crazy with it, i bought 1 can and im done. i only wanted my badges blacked out.

next i'll be ordering RTR wheels, or some like them. that probably wont be for a couple more paychecks though, im pretty spent from christmas gifts for the kiddos and wife.

·
Bo Baustin
13,134 Posts
My badges still look pretty good after a year with plastidip. That stuff stays on pretty well in my experience.

·
Biz Jet Fixer
4,985 Posts
I did my faux fuel cap the same way IHaveFat did. I think that'd really pop on your decklid. IMO, it seems like there's just a chrome circle out of place on your decklid if you look from a distance. Just my 2cents. Otherwise it came out nice, looks good.

·
Behold the black horse...
847 Posts
Looks good. I actually was really into plasti dip until I started hating on it when it started peeling and you couldn't really wash it. DipYourCar has a video on how to wash plasti dipped cars but it still isn't the same.

I originally dipped my stock wheels/front grille/rear badge. It's just PITA taking them off.......lots of rubbing and lots of Goo Gone.

This is how I did my rear badge...and maybe you might like it this way better?

This way the chrome GT really comes out. Just a suggestion. From the looks of it, you know what you are doing and it looks very neat.
That looks awesome!

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
I would have just painted the front emblem. they are super easy to take off (well for 99-04 atleast) and I think it would look good painted to match the car, but i am a little biased on that :lol

·
Registered
832 Posts
No paint will not change. you just gotta make sure if you decide to take it off, use Goo Gone or 3m adhesive remover. If you take the effort to detail it after that then it's gonna look brand new!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If you get plasti dip on the cars paint will it do damage
nope, not at all.

you actually dont have to use any goo gone, as long as you make the coat thick enough (at least 4 coats) it peels right off with barely any effort.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts