Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm on my way to pick up my 'stang, a 99 cobra. Black interior/exterior. Ill post some pics when I get back from 6 hours of driving to go get it. 60,600 miles for 11,000. GREAT condition with the only "issue" is the driver seat showing wear from getting in and out.

Im like a little kid in a candy store!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Congratulations! 11K sounds like a great deal.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Same thing i got mine for a few weeks ago:) Congratz man pics pronto lol

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Got it back, I do have some problems though.

1) this car is too fast... can I slow it down at all? ( haha, j/k. although I DO love the fact it has 2x the HP my monte had....)

2) How difficult is it to put in a different shifter? Since this is my first manual car, I never had to mess with a standard shifter before (let alone, swap one out). what tools would be needed?

3) the driver door has rubbed on the bottom near the hinge. There is no paint and surface rust is setting in. How would you recommend I go about getting that fixed?

4) There are some small dents (3 in total, quarter size at the largest) around the back right wheel/pass door. Is there a cost efficent way of getting those popped out? They didnt crease or fold the metal...

and, heres the pics. I JUST got done with the drive. I haven't had time to wipe it down and wax it up, so well see next time it gets SLIGHTLY warmer than 50* and sunny.

heres a picture of the rusted area...
(outside of the car with the door open)

inside with door open

·
Safud: MM's Resident Hadji
5,242 Posts
Looks good, but why is your cobra emblem facing the wrong way? :dunno

·
:)
11,583 Posts
I'm wondering why the door would be rubbing and why are the emblems replaced wrong? Has it been repainted?

·
MM's Orangest
2,885 Posts
The rear bumper is a GT/Mach bumper too.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
clear title - yes

emblems - NO idea...

door rubbing - Im thinking I can maybe sand it down and touch it up?

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
clear title - yes

emblems - NO idea...

door rubbing - Im thinking I can maybe sand it down and touch it up?
Yea. If its still rubbing you can most likely fix it with a hinge kit. Good looking car though man. I think it needs the dark tinted tail lights like I've got, so I'll extend a limited time offer of a trade straight across your old 99 tailights for my awesome dark tinted 03 tailights.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
do they have the ambers in them like mine or are they a GT style?

·
Safud: MM's Resident Hadji
5,242 Posts
You should get some like mine...It's just a dark housing and it looks good as hell imo

1 - 20 of 44 Posts