Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Cool man. You got some keepers in there. I like the 1, 2, 3, and 6 photos in the second post a lot. The power lines bug me a little but that can be cloned out easily.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
There are some sweet shots there man, great job. I mean even the tow truck shot looks awesome.
But what's with the lightnings spare tire "Wire" just hanging there? Doesn't it rattle or anything?

·
I Eat Baby Stangs
3,928 Posts
Pics look awesome, i like the Red White and Blue one with the F-450, Trialblazer SS and Lightning

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool man. You got some keepers in there. I like the 1, 2, 3, and 6 photos in the second post a lot. The power lines bug me a little but that can be cloned out easily.
oh i know, thats why i was saying the location wasn't the greatest. but customers were happy with the rough edit, so as long as they are happy im happy. But i really gotta learn photoshop. Did you take classes or did you just learn on your own?

There are some sweet shots there man, great job. I mean even the tow truck shot looks awesome.
But what's with the lightnings spare tire "Wire" just hanging there? Doesn't it rattle or anything?
haha i was wondering the same thing

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Great Job Shiftz :yes

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
^+1

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
The pics are amazing.

Any criticisms would be just a couple.

In a couple of the pictures, the subject needs to be centered better. And in a couple, the angles are too severe. Takes away from the focus of the subject.

Other than that, they are amazing shots man.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
But i really gotta learn photoshop. Did you take classes or did you just learn on your own?
I went through design school at a major art university, however, we didn't get much technical training.

Photoshop I learned on my own/with help. I pick up knowledge from everywhere; asking people, experimenting, and every once and a while a tutorial. I learn something new all the time in photoshop. If you want to know any specifics, let me know and I'll try to help.

BTW, I'm working on getting the Canon 50mm. I'm a bargain hunter so I can't just buy it new. It's a curse...

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Everyone

I went through design school at a major art university, however, we didn't get much technical training.
Photoshop I learned on my own/with help. I pick up knowledge from everywhere; asking people, experimenting, and every once and a while a tutorial. I learn something new all the time in photoshop. If you want to know any specifics, let me know and I'll try to help.

BTW, I'm working on getting the Canon 50mm. I'm a bargain hunter so I can't just buy it new. It's a curse...
Ok, yeah im thinking of transferring to an Art school to learn Graphic Design/photography. I've been watching youtube a little bit so far to learn it.

haha yeah i'm with you. Join this site.... Fredmiranda.com. ( it is a forum) They sell TONS of stuff all the time. thats where i bought mine and it was in flawless condition. I think I saw one on there the other day actually. you may have to have like 50 posts to buy though. im not sure.

The pics are amazing.

Any criticisms would be just a couple.

In a couple of the pictures, the subject needs to be centered better. And in a couple, the angles are too severe. Takes away from the focus of the subject.

Other than that, they are amazing shots man.
Thanks, ill remember that for next time. your right though, it does take away from the photo. Ill have to crop some of them too to center them, thanks for pointing that out.

What lens did you go with?
For the Boost gauge? I used a 50mm 1.8 from Nikon

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No I mean what wide angle did you go with?

But is your 50mm AF-S?
ohhh, I went with a Sigma 10-20MM 4-5.6. it is the best lens i have. the Build quality is amazing. It feels Solid like a tank. and the Barrel is so smooth. I was thinking of the Tokina F/2.8 11-16mm but i wanted the extra range, and i like the distortion the Sigma gives at 10mm.

Yes, the 50MM has Auto Focus, but with the D40, the AF feature doesn't work. So i have to manually focus which is a huge pain in the ass Specially when you are taking pictures at F/1.8. You focus on your subject perfectly when dealing with an F/stop that low or else it will be blurry. But I love the lens though and will love it even more once i get a camera that will allow it to AF

1 - 20 of 27 Posts