Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have purchased the first round of mods for my car, I just have to wait to get back to the states to assemble everything. Its not as much as some of you have but it is a good well rounded start IMHO.

Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter
C&L racer intake
SCT Xcal 2 with Brenspeed Tunes
Pypes Violator Cat Back
Pypes Off-Road X Pipe
BMR Lowering Kit

More to follow, I am lloking at Steeda Pentar's in Black or Chrome, CDC Ducktail Spoiler, Cervinis GT-500 Chin Spioler, and Steeda Race Cowl hood with the shelby hood pins like emay has. As my next group of mods once those are done then I'll go back to performance mods.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Thats a good start

·
Blood, Sweat and Gears...
2,139 Posts
That is a Great start, Don't forget about the Long tube Headers!
Open your intake and open your exhaust is a great combination. Take it to a dyno shop and when you are done it will feel like a car from the 60's.
Look at my signature, you will see what I mean!
When I bought the car last spring I had 242.8 RWHP ! It is a different beast now!

·
2,139 Posts
what is a 302 stroker

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
It's an engine with a custom crankshaft that has a longer throw on the rod side, which gives the engine a longer stroke, which is the distance the piston travels up and down in the cylinder.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Better start then what I had. Looks good

·
2,139 Posts
That is cool! which is better custom drive shaft or custom heads

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
Custom Heads. An aluminum driveshaft will be responsible for about a 10 hp gain at the rear wheels, due to a reduction in parasitic loss. Decent heads will be worth about 40 hp due to better breathing capability.

·
2,139 Posts
Thank you

·
2,139 Posts
I would love to have an edge on the 2009 Camaro! I have a Auto , I have a perfect shift but I have less power!

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
I would love to have an edge on the 2009 Camaro! I have a Auto , I have a perfect shift but I have less power!
Well since you have the experience and thus better shifting capability, it shouldn't be hard to beat the new Camaro depending on

A. How much you want/can spend.

B. How much the new Camaro will wind up weighing.

If you are willing to put some coin in to your baby, like heads and cams, a good tune, an aluminum drive shaft, gears, a good cold air intake, then you will be able to spank them pretty good.

Know more for sure when the car finally comes out, and we see what it actually runs. :)

·
2,139 Posts
I can only hope !

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
Duh. I see you already have LT headers, x pipe, pullies, drive shaft, inrake and tune, and gears, Gary.

I missed that.

If you get heads, & cams you will be pushing about 380 rwhp, which is about 460 at the flywheel.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts